You are not logged in.

#1 2003-12-15 22:22:28

ExcessiveForce

Soyo Dragon Ultra Black and network connectivity issues?

I'm unable to get my machine to connect to the internet. I have the most current version of Arch installed. When I try to ping anything except the IP that it is assigned (its all static) I'll get "network unreachable" errors. I know its configured correctly, as I can swap the harddrive and put it in a different box with a completely different hardware setup and it will be able to establish a connection.

My hardware:
Soyo Dragon Ultra Black KT400, no BIOS updates. (Onboard NIC, sound, RAID).
Kingston PC333 DDR RAM
GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
Maxtor 80GB HD

I've tried disabling onboard NIC and swapping it with two different linksys cards, and I've tried different slots on the motherboard. I've verified that the ethernet cable is not at fault, I've swapped ports on the router...

I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

Her mouth tastes like a loaded gun.

#2 2003-12-16 01:32:59

hApy
Website

Re: Soyo Dragon Ultra Black and network connectivity issues?

What are you trying to connect to the internet with? cablemodem? dsl? Does it use dhcp?

Have you properly configured the configs in /etc/, everything listed in the installation docs?

If this is your first install it is unlikely a hardware issue and more likely a configuration issue.

look at

/etc/modules.conf
/etc/rc.conf

Hapy.

#3 2003-12-16 01:33:23

famavolat
Website

Also.. I was there for this.
He was using the same lan card on both machines, and it would only work with his other box. And not the one with the Soyo board.

Ifconfig would show eth0 with configuration. But when we tried to ping something it would just sit there.
Very strange. :?:

What are you trying to connect to the internet with? cablemodem? dsl? Does it use dhcp?

Have you properly configured the configs in /etc/, everything listed in the installation docs?

If this is your first install it is unlikely a hardware issue and more likely a configuration issue.

look at

/etc/modules.conf
/etc/rc.conf

Everything in his modules.conf file is good and his rc.conf as well.
What he did was swap the harddrive from one machine to the other. And it worked on the other machine and not the one with the Soyo board. Using the same lan card.

#4 2003-12-23 05:59:01

So tonight I swapped motherboards. Same motherboard, but this one had an updated BIOS. We still had the same problem as before. Hrm... we swapped out the harddrives and my Redhat drive will get online, no problem. The Arch drive can get online, no problem, in a different box.

I still don't know what this all means.

Board footer