You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-03 13:32:53

olive

Volume keys on laptop

This is an answer to a question by Lukasz, posted in a comment on a bug report but which is more appropriate here ( https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30108 ).

First, type showkeys in a console (not under X) and press the offending keys. You are concerned if you see a press but no release event. Apart from the script being buggy, another possibility is that your laptop model is not listed in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/95-keyboard-force-release.rules. Try to apply the script by hand.

/usr/lib/udev/keyboard-force-release.sh devices/platform/i8042/serio0 common-volume-keys

(you may have to replace serio0 by your keyboard serio<x>, the directory /sys/keydevices/platform/i8042/serio0 should contains a link "driver" towards atkbd.

If you want to write the proper udev rules, you have to add a line in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/95-keyboard-force-release.rules. You may find the correct parameter with

udevadm trigger --verbose

and / or by killing udevd and relaunch it in debug mode. Read man udevadm, man udevd, google for "writing udev rules", etc...

Last edited by olive (2012-06-03 13:37:16)

#2 2012-06-03 14:06:09

xorgx3

Re: Volume keys on laptop

Ekhm, it's so hard for me, probably. Will it fix in new package udev(systemd-tools)?

At the beginning I need use keyboard-force-release.sh.patch instead of keyboard-force-release.sh? I need to do this file executable?

This script not working for me.

#3 2012-06-03 14:32:53

olive

xorgx3 wrote:

Ekhm, it's so hard for me, probably. Will it fix in new package udev(systemd-tools)?

At the beginning I need use keyboard-force-release.sh.patch instead of keyboard-force-release.sh? I need to do this file executable?

This script not working for me.

You have to apply the patch

man patch

For your facility (but do read man patch for the next time), here is the corrected /usr/lib/udev/keyboard-force-release.sh:

http://pastebin.com/R4zkPFV9

just replace the original with it and reboot. If your laptop is not listed apply the (corrected) script by hand as I mention earlier.

#4 2012-06-03 14:43:59

xorgx3

Thank You very much. Applied the patch helps. I have to learn about this system still a lot of, i know it. But now is very good, thanks again smile

Board footer