You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-06 08:02:26

Legout

Gimp help!!

I´m using gimp a lot and all the time i use it i found new interesting/funny things. But i really wanna know how i can make a a wallpaper that looks like this.

thumb_fluxbox-gatubarn.jpg

I wanna start with a pic of my gf to make a wallpaper that looks similar to this.

I hope any gimp-gurus can help me. ;-)

#2 2005-09-06 12:28:07

aquila_deus
Website

Re: Gimp help!!

Legout wrote:

I´m using gimp a lot and all the time i use it i found new interesting/funny things. But i really wanna know how i can make a a wallpaper that looks like this.

thumb_fluxbox-gatubarn.jpg

I wanna start with a pic of my gf to make a wallpaper that looks similar to this.

I hope any gimp-gurus can help me. ;-)

Just use "Select contiguous regions (Z)" to remove the background from your gf's photo (make it transparent), then copy & paste it onto antoer background image you want. "Select contiguous regions (Z)" does select by looking at the colors, so it could help a lot if your photo is not too messy.

#3 2005-09-06 14:09:02

beniro

Also, Inkscape might be a good option as well.  Convert the bitmap svg and fiddle with the threshholds/colors.

#4 2005-09-06 14:12:39

medicated

I can't really tell whether that's a vector drawing or just an altered photo.  It looks like its probably vector, meaning that the artist drew it all.  Thats just my opinion though.  I'm sure you could achieve something similar by just gimping the picture though..

#5 2005-09-07 13:14:21

Moo-Crumpus

it looks vectorized, and this kind of results can be well done following beniro's tip.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#6 2005-09-12 06:52:43

shadowhand
Website

It's a vector drawing. Try Inkscape, it can do stuff like this.

You can tell it's a vector because the artist put the vector (minus all fills, set the lines to be all white) next to/behind the main image. Notice all the white lines there. If you look closely, you can see where he over-drew and layed to make the fills look good (a common practice amonst vector artists).

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

Board footer