You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-09 21:06:19

pootzko
Website

[Solved] Print dialog under KDE broken?

Hi,

this is how the print dialog has been looking for me in KDE (system is up-to-date) for the last 2-3 months now.

I was hoping it would get fixed after a few KDE/CUPS updates but some time has passed, updates came and it's still broken.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you

Last edited by pootzko (2012-06-10 09:52:39)

...I put on my robe and a wizard hat...

#2 2012-06-10 08:37:00

arojas
Developer

Re: [Solved] Print dialog under KDE broken?

which print dialog is that? It doesn't look like a KDE print dialog to me, looks more like GTK. Do you use the oxygen-gtk style?

#3 2012-06-10 08:38:46

msx
Website

I *DO LOVE* KDE SC but it drives me crazy how buggy version 4 is! The last problem I had was after updating to 4.8.4 with Dolphin crahing everytime I left/right clicked any file - I this bug by deleting ~/.kde4/share/config/dolphinrc and configuring Dolphin again - sucks.

Nevermind, rename your ~/.kde4 directory and try to reproduce your bug - I assume you already have installed extra/kdeadmin-system-config-printer-kde, extra/libcups and extra/cups-pk-helper.

Enjoying i3wm w/ lifebar + j4-dmenu-desktop + tab_windows / fish shell / Emacs / tmux / Konsole / KDE apps
Arch + Linux-libre kernel: ParabolaGNULinux.org

#4 2012-06-10 09:20:12

pootzko
Website

arojas wrote:

which print dialog is that? It doesn't look like a KDE print dialog to me, looks more like GTK. Do you use the oxygen-gtk style?

hmm, I am not sure. in systemsettings I have this:
application appearance -> style -> oxygen
workspace appearance -> window decorations -> oxygen
workspace appearance -> desktop -> theme -> air
gtk styles and fonts -> useanotherstyle: QtCurve

I don't know if this oxygen style/decoration/theme is gtk or not. how do I check that? I have this oxygen-gtk package installed on my system but I don't know if it's in use somewhere or not.

the funny thing is, this does not happen for firefox for example. but it does for EOG (eye of gnome) where both of them are gnome apps if I am correct. it does not happen for kate (kde text editor), does for gedit (now that I opened gedit, I see it's broken in the same way as this print dialog from the screenshot above is).

@msx - I'll try reproducing the bug with fresh .kde and post results here. extra/kdeadmin-system-config-printer-kde wasn't on my system, but I installed it, rebooted but nothing changed. other packages you mentioned were already on my system.

Last edited by pootzko (2012-06-10 09:25:50)

#5 2012-06-10 09:52:16

pootzko
Website

fixed!

I just replaced the old oxygen-gtk3-git from AUR with oxygen-gtk from official repos:

pacman -Syu oxygen-gtk2 oxygen-gtk3

and now everything is fine

#6 2012-06-10 09:52:55

arojas
Developer

firefox is gtk2, eog and gedit are gtk3. So your problem is with the gtk3 style. Remove the AUR package and install oxygen-gtk3 from [extra]

Board footer