You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-21 06:56:23

rnarch

Unable to install dicom viewing software

I am trying to install 3 software which are viewing and manipulating dicom images (used widely in medical applications). However, each of them is showing error while building:

1. kradview
2. aeskulap
3. ginkgo-cadx

They are all available in AUR and I am using packer-color to build and install them. I am not editing build files.

I have checked following related posts:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=47102

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rnarch (2012-05-21 06:56:42)

#2 2012-05-21 12:12:21

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Unable to install dicom viewing software

And are we supposed to guess what the errors are, or are you going to tell us?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2012-05-21 13:32:46

rnarch

For aeskulap, it downloads and starts building all right, but ends with following message:

.....long output.....
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/dimosct.h:133:17:   required from ‘void DiMonoScaleTemplate<T>::scale(const T*, unsigned int, int, Uint16) [with T = int; Uint16 = short unsigned int]’
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/dimosct.h:93:17:   required from ‘DiMonoScaleTemplate<T>::DiMonoScaleTemplate(const DiMonoPixel*, Uint16, Uint16, long int, long int, Uint16, Uint16, Uint16, Uint16, Uint32, int, Uint16) [with T = int; Uint16 = short unsigned int; Uint32 = unsigned int]’
dimoimg.cc:373:117:   required from here
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/discalet.h:204:17: error: ‘fillPixel’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/discalet.h:204:17: note: declarations in dependent base ‘DiTransTemplate<int>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/discalet.h:204:17: note: use ‘this->fillPixel’ instead
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/discalet.h:209:21: error: ‘copyPixel’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/discalet.h:209:21: note: declarations in dependent base ‘DiTransTemplate<int>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/dcmtk/dcmimgle/discalet.h:209:21: note: use ‘this->copyPixel’ instead
dimoimg.cc: In member function ‘virtual int DiMonoImage::writeRawPPM(FILE*, long unsigned int, int)’:
dimoimg.cc:2100:124: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
make[4]: *** [dimoimg.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/packerbuild-1000/aeskulap/aeskulap/src/aeskulap-0.2.2-beta1/dcmtk/dcmimgle/libsrc'
make[3]: *** [libsrc-all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/packerbuild-1000/aeskulap/aeskulap/src/aeskulap-0.2.2-beta1/dcmtk/dcmimgle'
make[2]: *** [dcmimgle-libsrc-all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/packerbuild-1000/aeskulap/aeskulap/src/aeskulap-0.2.2-beta1/dcmtk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/packerbuild-1000/aeskulap/aeskulap/src/aeskulap-0.2.2-beta1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
The build failed.
[abc@myhost ~]$

Output is similar for other 2 packages also.

Last edited by rnarch (2012-05-21 13:33:47)

#4 2012-06-10 10:27:41

Styx85
Website

Got a problem installing/updateing ginkgo-cadx, too.

I'm using the unmodified AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47365

All dependencies are up to date:

==> ginkgo-cadx dependencies:
- dcmtk (already installed)
- insight-toolkit (already installed)
- tcp_wrappers (already installed)
- vtk (already installed)
- wxgtk (already installed)

The error message is following:

Scanning dependencies of target CADxCore
[  0%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/iherramienta.cpp.o
[  0%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/ievento.cpp.o
[  0%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/iexception.cpp.o
[  1%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/widgetserializable.cpp.o
[  1%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/helpertexto.cpp.o
[  1%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/ihl7parser.cpp.o
[  2%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/imodelointegracion.cpp.o
[  2%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/ilock.cpp.o
[  2%] Building CXX object src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/initwx.cpp.o
In file included from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-christoph/aur-ginkgo-cadx/src/ginkgocadx-2.12.0.4889/src/cadxcore/widgets/wlupa.h:29:0,
                 from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-christoph/aur-ginkgo-cadx/src/ginkgocadx-2.12.0.4889/src/cadxcore/main/tools/herramientalupa.h:23,
                 from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-christoph/aur-ginkgo-cadx/src/ginkgocadx-2.12.0.4889/src/cadxcore/main/tools/herramientascore.h:22,
                 from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-christoph/aur-ginkgo-cadx/src/ginkgocadx-2.12.0.4889/src/cadxcore/api/initwx.cpp:103:
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-christoph/aur-ginkgo-cadx/src/ginkgocadx-2.12.0.4889/src/cadxcore/vtk/hackimageactor.h:18:33: fatal error: vtkOpenGLImageActor.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/api/initwx.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/cadxcore/CMakeFiles/CADxCore.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build ginkgo-cadx.

Guessing so far that it is related to the latest VTK update, but I haven't fihuered out yet what's broken.

I got a functional installation before this update.
If I'm starting ginkgo-cadx now I'm getting too some error.

[christoph@desktop ~]$ ginkgocadx
ginkgocadx: error while loading shared libraries: libvtkCommon.so.5.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[christoph@desktop ~]$

Does anyone know how to solve this one? The ginkgo-cadx support told me to build it against the latest vtk, but I think I'm trying this with executing the pkgbuild from the AUR.

* edited reports to english

Last edited by Styx85 (2012-06-10 14:51:11)

#5 2012-06-10 10:44:48

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Styx, I just tried installing that from the AUR to see if I could replicate the error and help out, but it has quite a few AUR dependencies I have no interest in installing just to contribute here.

Instead, could you post those errors in english.  The easiest way is to run

export LC_ALL=C

right before you try to install the package.

This will allow for the most number of forum members to contribute to helping.

Last edited by Trilby (2012-06-10 10:48:53)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer