You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-14 14:00:38

Lowra

Partitions deleted => SD card not detected anymore

Hey,
I hope my post is in the right section of the forum

So here's the thing: I have 3 SD card I was playing with, to use with my Raspberry Pi. On the three SD cards, using my Arch laptop, I started gparted, and deleteted all the partitions on every SD Card.

Now they aren't mounted anymore by my file manager (PCManFM) I guess it is normal.
However, they're not detected anymore by the gparted tool hmm
The lock fonctionnality on these 3 cards isn't enabled, and my computer can see another 4th working card.

I plugged them on my W7 laptop, it was able to see them, but unable to format them though. I managed to formate the 3 cards through my camera, I plugged them again on my Windows laptop => They're detected, and correctly usable.

But, under ArchLinux, there's nothing to do. Not mounted by PCManFM, not detected under gparted...

Do you have any suggestions ?

#2 2012-06-14 14:17:47

DSpider

Re: Partitions deleted => SD card not detected anymore

Plug one of them in and run:

$ sudo fdisk -l

If you see it as /dev/sdb, run:

$ sudo gparted /dev/sdb

Then slap on a new partition table (eg. msdos) and a new filesystem (eg. fat32) and have fun.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2012-06-14 14:56:08

Lowra

Re: Partitions deleted => SD card not detected anymore

Hey

The 'sudo fdisk -l' returns two devices: my internal SSD, my external HDD, but no trace of any SD Card sad

Board footer