You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-16 05:21:39

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Problems in firefox13

I have tried my best to solve this problem but in vain.There are 2 problems:
1.When scrolling the web page.pay attentiong to the background
IzIBd.png

chrome is ok
http://i.imgur.com/Fjp6K.png

as well as opera

http://i.imgur.com/HIRkr.png
2.the menu usually failed to pop up.unless after firefox being restart.

I once banned all my extensions but it didn't help.Then I find many Chinese have the same strange problems.by now,there is no solution.
you can refer it at below links,If you can make sense of Chinsese……
http://www.douban.com/group/topic/30358734/
http://bbs.archlinuxcn.org/viewtopic.php?pid=6758

Is there any idea to solve the problem?

Last edited by reverland (2012-06-16 05:46:13)

Offline

#2 2012-06-16 05:29:22

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 27,310
Website

Re: Problems in firefox13

Please resize your images to comply with the Forum Etiquette: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/For … s_and_Code


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2012-06-16 05:46:32

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

sorry for that

Offline

#4 2012-06-16 07:43:44

altbdoor
Member
From: KL, Malaysia
Registered: 2012-04-25
Posts: 128

Re: Problems in firefox13

hi reverland

firefox 13 came out with a lot of changes, and the most notable to me were the drop of css moz-* prefix. i didn't read the changelogs, but maybe the websites were not properly formatted to coincide with firefox's new changes.

but the problem maybe from firefox as well. please try the steps as described in this post.

hope this helps.

Offline

#5 2012-06-16 07:51:04

Grinch
Member
Registered: 2010-11-07
Posts: 265

Re: Problems in firefox13

I tried the link: http://site.douban.com/136082/ and I had the same artifacts as reverland when scrolling. Using Firefox 13 (although there's a new update which came out today, maybe it fixes it?).

Offline

#6 2012-06-16 09:10:28

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

altbdoor wrote:

hi reverland

firefox 13 came out with a lot of changes, and the most notable to me were the drop of css moz-* prefix. i didn't read the changelogs, but maybe the websites were not properly formatted to coincide with firefox's new changes.

but the problem maybe from firefox as well. please try the steps as described in this post.

hope this helps.

Thanks for your advice,I've reset my firefox several times however,the same problems stroke me as before.Some friends advice me put the cache in the ram,so I just set the cache to 0M,and the second problem never occured again up to now.(can't solve the problem,it repeated again.)

even in safe-mode
http://i.imgur.com/nhH38.png

Last edited by reverland (2012-06-16 13:20:00)

Offline

#7 2012-06-16 09:15:18

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

Grinch wrote:

I tried the link: http://site.douban.com/136082/ and I had the same artifacts as reverland when scrolling. Using Firefox 13 (although there's a new update which came out today, maybe it fixes it?).

Hope so,

Offline

#8 2012-06-16 09:29:33

Psykorgasm
Member
Registered: 2011-11-24
Posts: 160

Re: Problems in firefox13

Well I just updated and it seems to be fine. Happy browsing big_smile

Offline

#9 2012-06-16 09:52:57

altbdoor
Member
From: KL, Malaysia
Registered: 2012-04-25
Posts: 128

Re: Problems in firefox13

well, i tried googling around but seems like no one faces this problem, except for the people here. or maybe it isn't reported yet...

reverland wrote:

Thanks for your advice,I've reset my firefox several times however,the same problems stroke me as before.Some friends advice me put the cache in the ram,so I just set the cache to 0M,and the second problem never occured again up to now.

set cache to ram? lol. i don't know how that worked, but glad it did.
setting the cache to 0M does set it to ram, but do add options like browser.cache.memory.capacity to control the amount of cache that settles in ram.

i'm not really sure but give this a shot.
go to preferences, advanced tab, then disable smooth scrolling.

if it still persists, consider downgrading firefox to version 12. not exactly the best solution though. i did not upgrade my firefox (still v12), and it seems to render the pages properly.

Offline

#10 2012-06-16 10:09:02

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

altbdoor wrote:

well, i tried googling around but seems like no one faces this problem, except for the people here. or maybe it isn't reported yet...

if it still persists, consider downgrading firefox to version 12. not exactly the best solution though. i did not upgrade my firefox (still v12), and it seems to render the pages properly.

Disabled it,not help
12 is Ok.In fact,for the reason of the second problem,I've downgraded for several days,but I updated to 13 again today when I saw others report the same problems^_^

Last edited by reverland (2012-06-16 10:12:46)

Offline

#11 2012-06-16 11:58:57

Grinch
Member
Registered: 2010-11-07
Posts: 265

Re: Problems in firefox13

I upgraded Firefox to the latest 13.0.1 and it's still the same, also tried disabling extensions aswell as smooth scrolling and hardware acceleration but to no avail.

However when I ran Arch through VirtualBox with the archlinux additions there was no problem with rendering the page through Firefox which leads me to think it has to do with some texture rendering thing, as in graphics drivers. So let's compare systems since we seem to be those to whom this occurs (although it seems to be a rare occurance as I hadn't seen it before I visited your link), I am running the following hardware:

Intel Core i5
NVidia 9600GT

and the system is:

arch 64-bit 3.4 kernel
nouveau and nouveau-dri

Offline

#12 2012-06-16 13:15:13

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

Grinch wrote:

I upgraded Firefox to the latest 13.0.1 and it's still the same, also tried disabling extensions aswell as smooth scrolling and hardware acceleration but to no avail.

However when I ran Arch through VirtualBox with the archlinux additions there was no problem with rendering the page through Firefox which leads me to think it has to do with some texture rendering thing, as in graphics drivers. So let's compare systems since we seem to be those to whom this occurs (although it seems to be a rare occurance as I hadn't seen it before I visited your link), I am running the following hardware:

Intel Core i5
NVidia 9600GT

and the system is:

arch 64-bit 3.4 kernel
nouveau and nouveau-dri

I doubt whether its the problem of nouveau,for many of my friends who use archlinux don't have the same problem.Here is mine:

hardware:
Intel Core i3
VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 310M] (rev a2)

system:
Linux arch 3.4.2-3-ck #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 12 22:23:21 EDT 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
nouveau and nouveau-dri

Offline

#13 2012-06-17 00:19:39

ShadowKyogre
Member
From: Hell! XP No... I'm not telling
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 474
Website

Re: Problems in firefox13

I'm also having this problem since I upgraded to Firefox 13. Here are some screenshots from my machine:

tZWQ3dA
tZWQ3dQ

Kernel:
Linux AlpheTerra 3.3.7-1-paefb #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 4 00:44:30 PDT 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

Video driver:
nouveau and nouveau-dri


For every problem, there is a solution that is:
Clean
Simple and most of all...wrong!
Github page

Offline

#14 2012-06-17 02:28:20

xiazhujie
Member
Registered: 2012-06-17
Posts: 2

Re: Problems in firefox13

My firefox13 also have this problem.But I can't solve it,so I link /usr/bin/firefox to firefox10.05's executable program,and using  firefox10.05 now

Last edited by xiazhujie (2012-06-17 02:31:43)

Offline

#15 2012-06-17 08:47:54

Grinch
Member
Registered: 2010-11-07
Posts: 265

Re: Problems in firefox13

Well, it strikes me as obvious that this is some problem with Firefox13 when run together with Nouveau. Those in this thread who have declared their card/drivers all are running Nouveu. Also like I stated, when I run Arch Linux in a virtual machine on the very same box with the very same Firefox 13 there was NO rendering error on these pages, again pointing the problem clearly at Nouveau in combination with Firefox 13 as the Virtualbox graphics driver renders these pages just fine.

edit: also it therefore seems quite likely that the problem is on the Nouveau side and that Firefox 13 simply triggers a bug in it, since no other card/driver combinations have been reported here having this problem.

Last edited by Grinch (2012-06-17 08:50:15)

Offline

#16 2012-06-17 10:44:50

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

Grinch wrote:

Well, it strikes me as obvious that this is some problem with Firefox13 when run together with Nouveau. Those in this thread who have declared their card/drivers all are running Nouveu. Also like I stated, when I run Arch Linux in a virtual machine on the very same box with the very same Firefox 13 there was NO rendering error on these pages, again pointing the problem clearly at Nouveau in combination with Firefox 13 as the Virtualbox graphics driver renders these pages just fine.

edit: also it therefore seems quite likely that the problem is on the Nouveau side and that Firefox 13 simply triggers a bug in it, since no other card/driver combinations have been reported here having this problem.

Uhm....For problem 2,Someone who use ATi and Nvidia said that he has the same problem...
If you know Chinese...
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?ct=335675392&t … 0924435113

Last edited by reverland (2012-06-17 10:45:20)

Offline

#17 2012-06-17 14:33:20

Grinch
Member
Registered: 2010-11-07
Posts: 265

Re: Problems in firefox13

reverland wrote:

Uhm....For problem 2,Someone who use ATi and Nvidia said that he has the same problem...
If you know Chinese...
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?ct=335675392&t … 0924435113

Sorry, can't read chinese though I wish I could, the characters are really beautiful. I don't understand what you mean here though, you say 'someone who use ATi _and_ Nvidia' has the same problem, are they using both and both have problems?

As I can't read chinese I can only judge by the responses I've seen in this thread, and the common factor seems to be Nouveau, I haven't seen anyone with the proprietary NVidia driver reporting these problems, would be great if someone using it could try the above pages to see if they render correctly for them.

Offline

#18 2012-06-17 15:38:58

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

Grinch wrote:
reverland wrote:

Uhm....For problem 2,Someone who use ATi and Nvidia said that he has the same problem...
If you know Chinese...
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?ct=335675392&t … 0924435113

Sorry, can't read chinese though I wish I could, the characters are really beautiful. I don't understand what you mean here though, you say 'someone who use ATi _and_ Nvidia' has the same problem, are they using both and both have problems?

As I can't read chinese I can only judge by the responses I've seen in this thread, and the common factor seems to be Nouveau, I haven't seen anyone with the proprietary NVidia driver reporting these problems, would be great if someone using it could try the above pages to see if they render correctly for them.

Sorry,I should expressed it more clearly.they who use non-nouveau drivers say they also have the second problem,that is, their menu can't pop up either.

But for the render problem when scrolling,I tried to ask them whether the "rendering" are normal for them,but no one responsed.

In fact,It's not so easy for me to use English: ),Sorry for confusing you,maybe I should report two problems respectively.

Offline

#19 2012-06-17 15:49:54

rLy
Member
From: Hungary
Registered: 2011-06-01
Posts: 7

Re: Problems in firefox13

Grinch wrote:

Sorry, can't read chinese though I wish I could, the characters are really beautiful. I don't understand what you mean here though, you say 'someone who use ATi _and_ Nvidia' has the same problem, are they using both and both have problems?

As I can't read chinese I can only judge by the responses I've seen in this thread, and the common factor seems to be Nouveau, I haven't seen anyone with the proprietary NVidia driver reporting these problems, would be great if someone using it could try the above pages to see if they render correctly for them.

Hi, I have a GTX 550 Ti with the latest nvidia driver and I didn't noticed any problem with nvidia and firefox. I checked the mentioned sites and it's looks ok for me.
J9nNjs.png
AaVo9s.png

Offline

#20 2012-06-17 15:50:04

Grinch
Member
Registered: 2010-11-07
Posts: 265

Re: Problems in firefox13

Heh no worries, your english is fine (million times better than my chinese that's for sure!), ok so I was only referring to the weird rendering problem, don't know anything about the popup thing but I find it unlikely that they are related.

Best thing would be if someone running NVidia proprietary or ATI could chime in and let us know if this rendering bug occurs or not for them when using Firefox 13 on the aforementioned webpages.

edit: ah, thanks rLy, that confirms my suspicions regarding Nouveau being the problem (as in Firefox 13 triggering some bug in it) as the proprietary NVidia driver doesn't display this rendering error.

Last edited by Grinch (2012-06-17 15:51:50)

Offline

#21 2012-06-18 01:18:27

xiazhujie
Member
Registered: 2012-06-17
Posts: 2

Re: Problems in firefox13

rLy wrote:
Grinch wrote:

Sorry, can't read chinese though I wish I could, the characters are really beautiful. I don't understand what you mean here though, you say 'someone who use ATi _and_ Nvidia' has the same problem, are they using both and both have problems?

As I can't read chinese I can only judge by the responses I've seen in this thread, and the common factor seems to be Nouveau, I haven't seen anyone with the proprietary NVidia driver reporting these problems, would be great if someone using it could try the above pages to see if they render correctly for them.

Hi, I have a GTX 550 Ti with the latest nvidia driver and I didn't noticed any problem with nvidia and firefox. I checked the mentioned sites and it's looks ok for me.
http://i.imgur.com/J9nNjs.png
http://i.imgur.com/AaVo9s.png

Yes,real reason is nouveau,after I installed the lastest driver from http://www.nvidia.com,the webpage looks OK.I have add the new screenshot to http://www.douban.com/group/topic/30358734/
Problem 2 maybe solved by the new driver too.

Last edited by xiazhujie (2012-06-18 23:53:18)

Offline

#22 2012-06-18 09:36:47

kionez
Member
Registered: 2012-06-08
Posts: 7

Re: Problems in firefox13

There is another thread with same problem but without solution: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=142457

Offline

#23 2012-06-18 21:52:31

Grinch
Member
Registered: 2010-11-07
Posts: 265

Re: Problems in firefox13

Thanks for pointing that out, however the latest: xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.0-1 update seems to have fixed the problem (atleast it works fine for me now)

Offline

#24 2012-06-19 03:29:57

reverland
Member
Registered: 2012-03-25
Posts: 19

Re: Problems in firefox13

Grinch wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, however the latest: xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.0-1 update seems to have fixed the problem (atleast it works fine for me now)

Yeah,first problem solved.

Offline

#25 2012-06-19 07:02:02

kionez
Member
Registered: 2012-06-08
Posts: 7

Re: Problems in firefox13

Grinch wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, however the latest: xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.0-1 update seems to have fixed the problem (atleast it works fine for me now)

Works also for me!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB