You are not logged in.

#901 2012-06-07 09:22:26

bratmaxe

Re: luakit browser framework (almost with jQuery!)

I don't use a dark theme, so I can not reproduce this, but there were similar reports earlier in this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 0#p1020840
Maybe using a custom css file like the one in the post I linked above can solve this.

#902 2012-06-07 11:15:57

jk121960

bratmaxe wrote:

I don't use a dark theme, so I can not reproduce this, but there were similar reports earlier in this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 0#p1020840
Maybe using a custom css file like the one in the post I linked above can solve this.

HI and thanks, yea I had seen similar to this but not with the ubuntu firefox cure, I through that code in the custom css and it helped with some "instances" of textboxes but not all and the other controls no at all. I also tried a script that was on the lua site for adding a method to my global domain properties. I think the code is old because it just pops the browser. I looked into the referenced lua file "webview" and those method were not there. I am using jit so possibly they may have changed the objects. The script it self is on the now deprecated lua help sectoin but they haven't built the new one yet. So I will play with the custom css but hopefully someone has the answer. If I find it I will post it/

thanks for your post and in advance for anyone who has the css that will do it.

--jerry

it also seems to have effected some of the buttons, but not the radios, checks or selects

Last edited by jk121960 (2012-06-07 11:17:07)

Arch Awesome, Ranger & Vim the coding triple threat.

#903 2012-06-10 01:55:33

mason.larobina
Website

Hey Archers,

Long time no update but I've been working on something interesting I'd like to share.

In the `jquery-and-downloads` branch I've made the necessary modifications to allow users to pass JavaScript values (objects, arrays, numbers, bools, ...) to registered Lua functions and conversely the Lua functions can return values (tables, numbers, strings, bools, ...) to the JavaScript caller. It is also possible to catch Lua errors in JavaScript and catch JavaScript exceptions in Lua. Quite easy actually.

And with that I've also included a minified version of jQuery into luakit for use by our internal luakit:// pages. I've only started work on the luakit://downloads page so far but the plan is to leverage this new power to fix the problems with all of them (I.e. use of generic functions, one-way-communication, horrible looks).

But I would like some feedback, suggestions and some more eyes on the code before I merge the changes into develop (and the next release).

And here's a sneak peek of what I'm working on today http://i.imgur.com/Yr2py.png

Thanks, I'll be back in these forums, github and IRC if you've got ideas, suggestions, patches, etc.

Toodles.

P.S. I've also begun writing unit tests for the C-API using lunit. You can run these tests yourself with `make run-tests`.

#904 2012-06-10 13:28:15

nXqd
Website

mason.larobina wrote:

Hey Archers,

Long time no update but I've been working on something interesting I'd like to share.

In the `jquery-and-downloads` branch I've made the necessary modifications to allow users to pass JavaScript values (objects, arrays, numbers, bools, ...) to registered Lua functions and conversely the Lua functions can return values (tables, numbers, strings, bools, ...) to the JavaScript caller. It is also possible to catch Lua errors in JavaScript and catch JavaScript exceptions in Lua. Quite easy actually.

And with that I've also included a minified version of jQuery into luakit for use by our internal luakit:// pages. I've only started work on the luakit://downloads page so far but the plan is to leverage this new power to fix the problems with all of them (I.e. use of generic functions, one-way-communication, horrible looks).

But I would like some feedback, suggestions and some more eyes on the code before I merge the changes into develop (and the next release).

And here's a sneak peek of what I'm working on today http://i.imgur.com/Yr2py.png

Thanks, I'll be back in these forums, github and IRC if you've got ideas, suggestions, patches, etc.

Toodles.

P.S. I've also begun writing unit tests for the C-API using lunit. You can run these tests yourself with `make run-tests`.

I have to say: Very interesting. That looks sleek. It will be great that we can extend it with nice extensions since we can use javascript. But we hope luakit will always stay as it is meaned to be: lightweight and sexy smile

When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn't an option. It's a necessity. - Steve Pavlina
dotFiles

#905 2012-06-10 14:58:41

anti-destin

1. minor lag. when i load a page, loading pauses at 10% for a moment and then resumes. does anyone else have this problem?

2. some sites, e.g., grooveshark, are problematic, causing slowdowns.

3. sometimes i want to open a link in the current tab, but sometimes i want to open a link in a new tab in the background (essentially left-click vs. middle-click). is there a way to have two different hinting methods?

#906 2012-06-10 16:20:47

Asmir

anti-destin wrote:

1. minor lag. when i load a page, loading pauses at 10% for a moment and then resumes. does anyone else have this problem?

I expirience the same problem with lastest development build also luajit is enabled.

#907 2012-06-10 16:51:01

mason.larobina
Website

Asmir wrote:
anti-destin wrote:

I expirience the same problem with lastest development build also luajit is enabled.

Are you using privoxy? Is the problem only in the latest version? (I haven't noticed it) and what webkit version are you using?

#908 2012-06-10 17:24:11

Asmir

Not privoxy, but squid with adzapper (ad filter). Which seems not to be the problem, since it's same with none proxy.
And no it's not only the last version, but I can't clearly remember when it started though, since it's not such a big problem so I didn't pay much attention.
I'm using libwebkit 1.8.1-1 form default Archlinux repo.

EDIT:
Here i made a short screen cast which describes it better.
As you see the CPU usage remains normal (now a little bigger because of screen recording), and there's fast no delay on lightweight sites like google.com.
I also use dns cache and I measured dns query time, which is about 2msec, so it'snot dns. And because google.com  loads fast I  asume  it's not connection issue.

Video:
http://ompldr.org/vZThjcA

Last edited by Asmir (2012-06-10 18:14:35)

#909 2012-06-10 20:02:28

nXqd
Website

I have problem when working with google docs. Weird behaviour when editing. Anyone has the same problem ?

When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn't an option. It's a necessity. - Steve Pavlina
dotFiles

#910 2012-06-10 20:02:52

ri

Sometime when I try to scroll pages with space, PgUp/PgDn etc. I get a error.

Error: In bind call: /home/richard/.config/luakit/webview.lua:317: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'p' (a nil value)

I use a default webview.lua and here is the error section:

webview.scroll_parse_funcs = {
    -- Abs "100px"
    ["^(%d+)px$"] = function (_, _, px) return px end,

-- Rel "+/-100px"
    ["^([-+]%d+)px$"] = function (s, axis, px) return s[axis] + px end,

-- Abs "10%"
    ["^(%d+)%%$"] = function (s, axis, pc)
        return math.ceil(s[axis.."max"] * (pc / 100))
    end,

-- Rel "+/-10%"
    ["^([-+]%d+)%%$"] = function (s, axis, pc)
        return s[axis] + math.ceil(s[axis.."max"] * (pc / 100))
    end,

-- Abs "10p" (pages)
    ["^(%d+%.?%d*)p$"] = function (s, axis, p)
        return math.ceil(s[axis.."page_size"] * p)
    end,

-- Rel "+10p" (pages)
    ["^([-+]%d+%.?%d*)p$"] = function (s, axis, p)
        return s[axis] + math.ceil(s[axis.."page_size"] * p)   <------------------------------------ line 317
    end,
}

Anyone who knows what's wrong?

#911 2012-06-10 20:17:55

anti-destin

mason.larobina wrote:
Asmir wrote:
anti-destin wrote:

Are you using privoxy? Is the problem only in the latest version? (I haven't noticed it) and what webkit version are you using?

nope, no privoxy. i've always had this problem (since 2011.07.22-3, i believe). i figured that it was just a luakit issue.

i have libwebkit 1.8.1-1 and qtwebkit 2.2.2-1 installed.

#912 2012-06-17 15:27:40

bratmaxe

hi @ mason smile

In the latest commit of the development-branch, you forgot to change the lines 87,88 in binds.lua (the mouse scroll binds) accordingly. I don't have an account on github, that's why I wrote it here smile No big issue anyway

#913 2012-06-17 22:05:47

mason.larobina
Website

bratmaxe wrote:

hi @ mason smile

In the latest commit of the development-branch, you forgot to change the lines 87,88 in binds.lua (the mouse scroll binds) accordingly. I don't have an account on github, that's why I wrote it here smile No big issue anyway

Thanks, fixed smile

#914 2012-06-23 14:44:23

Unia
Website

Hey,

I just started playing around with this browser and whilst still learning and poking around, I bumped into an issue. I searched for the issue on Luakit's Github page but couldn't find it:

I can't login into my Hotmail account. When I type in my email and password (both are correct), it will just reload the login page (without entered data).

Thoughts? Should I open an issue for this @ Github?

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#915 2012-06-23 14:55:02

Army

Looks like cookies aren't allowed. Do you have a custom rc.lua? If so, what changes did you make?

#916 2012-06-23 14:58:56

bratmaxe

In luakit-git (aka development-version) there has been an issue with cookies lately. But this was fixed (at least for me) with the most recent commit. So if you use luakit-git from AUR, then try to rebuild the package.

#917 2012-06-23 15:17:07

Unia
Website

Army wrote:

Looks like cookies aren't allowed. Do you have a custom rc.lua? If so, what changes did you make?

I haven't touched that file yet, I only copied it to ~/.config/luakit
I found this in that file:

-- Block all cookies by default (unless whitelisted)
--cookies.default_allow = false

Should I uncomment that and change it to true?

@Bratmaxe, I'm using the one from [community]

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#918 2012-06-23 15:32:27

Army

Do you use a proxy?

#919 2012-06-23 16:48:47

Unia
Website

Army wrote:

Do you use a proxy?

Nope

#920 2012-06-23 22:04:39

Army

Ok, then I have no idea... Maybe try luakit-git and see if the behavior changes or not.

#921 2012-06-23 22:17:08

Unia
Website

^ So I shouldn't have to uncomment the lines I posted above? AFAIK it's currently set to block all cookies?

#922 2012-06-24 06:39:39

Army

Afaik luakit allows all cookies by default, so if the cookie blocker isn't active then all cookies should be allowed. But of course you can try to set it to true! Just try it out!

#923 2012-06-26 11:07:27

Asmir

Hi,
Is there a way to have flash elements blocked but to be able to enable specific element by clicking on it?

Thanks.

#924 2012-06-26 15:49:04

Army

You can put this in your rc.lua

require "noscript"
noscript.enable_scripts = false
noscript.enable_plugins = false

and then you can enable scripts for the current website with ',ts' and plugins with ',tp'. There's no clickable activation afaik.

#925 2012-06-26 16:57:32

Asmir

I'll do it. Thanks Army.

Board footer