You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Topic closed
I recently installed Arch Linux, set it all up, configuring and all, just had one issue i couldn't solve.
The mouse scrolling speed is way to quick.
when I scroll down one "notch" of the scroll wheel, it goes down so much I not only passes all the text on the screen, it misses a whole bunch of text after that.
i hope i understoond what i meant ![]()
Offline
What Desktop Environment or window manager have you installed?
In KDE, it's right under System Settings > Input devices > Mouse.
Offline
I am currently using gnome 3 and couldnt find that setting there...
just the pointer speed, but not scrolling.
Offline
Doesn't look too good. After some googling it seems as if this is could be a per application setting:
Offline
You can also try to power off your computer. Completely off, not just a restart. On the boot from that see if your mouse works correctly. Some models of mice, notably some of the very-high precision Microsoft laser mice, have their setting set in Windows and in the mouse itself it retains those settings over the next warm boot. If you start from a cold boot, power off, then if that is the case the setting should not be present. If this does turn out to be the case then I'm not aware of a way to fix it but at least it would bring you closer to that goal.
Offline
Thanks!
that was my issue and I thought it was related with a system update but no!
Offline
You can also try to power off your computer. Completely off, not just a restart. On the boot from that see if your mouse works correctly. Some models of mice, notably some of the very-high precision Microsoft laser mice, have their setting set in Windows and in the mouse itself it retains those settings over the next warm boot. If you start from a cold boot, power off, then if that is the case the setting should not be present. If this does turn out to be the case then I'm not aware of a way to fix it but at least it would bring you closer to that goal.
Thanks I was very suspicious of this answer but in my case it was as simple as unplugging the keyboard+mouse usb adapter and plugging it back in.
Very surprised, but oh well it works.
religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around and please don't try to shove it down my childrens' throats.
Offline
Please do not necrobump, ahel.
Closing.
Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD
Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.
Offline
Pages: 1
Topic closed