You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-27 10:20:50

Matalonder

Two-keyboard seat customization — macroses (autokey), layouts and etc.

There are many questions (I think), and I'll be glad if I get answer to even one of them, though.

So, I have two keyboards. I want to
A) Use them contemporaneously [I already partially done this with setxkbmap]
B) Have many layouts on primary keyboard and be able to switch them with different keys, without "circling" (for example, F1 for us, F2 for ru, F3 for ua, F4 for pl...). Ideally — use keys from second keyboard to switch layout on first. [I think I can implement first variant if I attentively read XKB guide ("unreliable" one), but no ideas for second. Maybe, with AutoKey?]
C) Make custom layout for second keyboard with some weird symbols which I'll never find on my first and make all of them do something useful with AutoKey.

My problems is:
With A) — alphanumerics and keypad all work fine, but cursor keys (arrows) and all keys above them are messed up. I can not fix this with setxkbmap but eventually after reboot it had fixed itself. That's strange and I will be glad to hear, why that happened because...
With B) there is A) problem almost unchanged — if I make some AutoKey macro calling setxkbmap with needed layout and bind that macro to key, I'll get messed up cursor keys and etc after the very first layout switch because I just don't know which options I must pass to it to get keyboard fully working. Also I am asking for advice in organizing described layout switching — through AutoKey or XKB or whatever.
With C) — I just not good in AutoKey script language (python, yes?) and detailed guide will be very good for me.

My keyboards are both 104-key (actually 107 with these "Power", "Sleep" and "Wake Up"), with ordinary QWERTY layout. Difference between them is connection: primary uses USB and secondary - PS/2. Both are very unreliable at /dev/event/inputX — primary can be 11-16 and secondary 0-2. I'm using Awesome WM if that is important.

P. S. I'm not native English speaker and new to a forum, so sorry if I made errors.

Board footer