You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-20 00:19:35

jackmetal

How close to fvwm is the archwm configs?

I've never used fvwm much, mostly stuck with the *boxes and some ice, and once in a while I piddle around with kde or gnome; but always end up going back to fluxbox. 

The question I have is:  How close to the base fvwm is archwm?  For example:  Could you use your existing ~/.fvwm that was created by archwm in a standard fvwm install?  Are the config files the same and compatible?

Just curious!

Thanks!

--

Some of the world's greatest feats were
accomplished by people not smart enough
to know they were impossible.
-- Doug Larson

#2 2005-08-20 02:30:09

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: How close to fvwm is the archwm configs?

The base of ArchWM is /usr/bin/fvwm. Libraries and configures are added with user made packages. Once ArchWM is ready, you can use your existing .fvwmrc and other configure. Add them in a package (tarball) and install with PacWM. How to make a package, guidlines will be given.

Markku

#3 2005-09-12 06:03:26

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: How close to fvwm is the archwm configs?

With version 0.4 you now can copy your fvwmrc in $HOME/.fvwm/user-prefereces/etc/rc.s. If the fvwmrc doesn't include other modules or scripts, simply edit the $HOME/.fvwm/user-prefereces/etc/rc.wmconf by adding fvwmrc in SCRIPTS array and to prefix existing scripts with a "!".

Sample:
SetEnv SCRIPTS "!ClearAll !EWMH !MouseBindings !WindowFocus !Pager-crystal fvwmrc"

To activate the changes, press F11 (restart).

ArchWM-base 0.4:
http://user-contributions.org/forums/us … .php?t=287

EDIT
If libraries (modules) are needed, download and copy in $HOME/.fvwm/user-prefereces/lib
http://user-contributions.org/projects/ … /pkg/Libs/

Markku

Board footer