You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-24 22:10:42

fredp

Yogurt: Yet another AUR tool

It could have been Yaaurt, but Yogurt sound better, doesn't it? smile

It is a little script that does something similar to aurbuild and qpkg that I wrote when I didn't know yet of those two scripts, so it enables you to build packages from AUR unsupported PKGBUILDs in a quite-automatical way.

Yogurt hasn't search support (still? :? ), but it features a rudimental dependencies support both for repositories and from AUR unsupported packages. IE, if a package (this happened to me with obextool) requires something of which no package exists, it tries to build the dependency too from AUR unsupported. Honestly, I don't know if aurbuild or qpkg can do this.
There's still need to work on it, but for simple things it should work.

Disclaimer: Not very tested sad

More info & the code here:
http://wikilinux.altervista.org/dokuwik … mmi:yogurt

Just give it a try and let me know how it works. big_smile

#2 2005-08-25 13:24:22

fredp

Re: Yogurt: Yet another AUR tool

Fixed version available on the site, I had some troubles with cut'n'paste. Now it should work (at least, it does for me)

8)

#3 2005-08-30 14:09:50

markw
Website

I get this error when I run it:

Please provide the root password to let me install the package.
/usr/bin/yogurt: line 121: sudo: command not found
Error: Makepkg was unable to create or install the package.

So I installed sudo:

pacman -Sy sudo

And it worked.

I also get this message but it still works.

/usr/bin/yogurt: command substitution: line 83: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/bin/yogurt: command substitution: line 83: `grep '^makedepends=' PKGBUILD | cut -c 13- | tr -d "()'"'

Nice work smile

Mark

"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" -Lord Acton

#4 2005-08-30 15:05:42

fredp

Thanks for the bugreporting big_smile

New version on the wiki. 8) Also added a small "Known troubles" section about the dependency support.

Hope it'll work :?

#5 2005-09-01 19:32:17

markw
Website

It works great smile.

"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" -Lord Acton

#6 2005-09-03 18:31:06

beniro

Yogurt works great! 
Thanks!

#7 2005-09-09 18:00:12

fredp

New version on the wiki:

* added a small changelog
* if called with no param, print an usage hint ("Usage: yogurt {package-name}", thanks Mr Green)
* quite-big improvement: now yogurt downloads the tarball from AUR instead of the only PKGBUILD. So it can handle packages with patches and *.install files (or better, it gets also those files needed by makepkg which ship with package.tar.gz from AUR)

#8 2005-09-10 18:44:46

nightfrost

Very nice program! I've never tried the alternatives you mention, so I have nothing to compare with, but it sure is useful.

Two comments though: Firstly, it would be nice to have an option to build the package without having it installed. Secondly, I would find it somewhat cleaner if it would download the files to /var/abs/local/$pkgname, instead of aur-$pkgname under the current dir. Perhaps it would be even better to have it as a variable so that one can easily change it.

Thanks for the good work!

#9 2005-09-12 12:17:46

fredp

nightfrost wrote:

Very nice program! I've never tried the alternatives you mention, so I have nothing to compare with, but it sure is useful.

Thank you very much big_smile

nightfrost wrote:

Two comments though: Firstly, it would be nice to have an option to build the package without having it installed. Secondly, I would find it somewhat cleaner if it would download the files to /var/abs/local/$pkgname, instead of aur-$pkgname under the current dir. Perhaps it would be even better to have it as a variable so that one can easily change it.

Thanks for the good work!

Great!! An already-done to-do list for the next release big_smile
Quite sure that theese features will be present in the next release, together with a version number.
Probably the next yogurt will use getopt, so it'll be easier to use and, in the future, to expand.
Meanwhile, I will look at any feature-request, tip, suggestion or whatever, and possibly try to implement it.

#10 2005-09-12 17:26:30

nightfrost

Quite sure that theese features will be present in the next release, together with a version number.

Thanks!  big_smile

I'll be happy to test new releases and come with suggestions.

Board footer