You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-07 14:00:08

linuxkids

[Solved]error: package-query: miss missing required signature

i am a newbie for archlinux.and i am trying to install archlinux on my laptop,i read the wiki ,and do everything step by step ,but  when i installed yaourt and there were some error.

error: package-query:  missing required signature
error:yaourt: missing required signature

i try to set "siglevel = never" to make it work,but failed. what should i do to this ? thanks very much for help

Last edited by linuxkids (2012-07-08 09:03:51)

#2 2012-07-07 14:26:01

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [Solved]error: package-query: miss missing required signature

Please post the exact command you used, and the contents of your /etc/pacman.conf file.
Is yaourt the only thing that won't install, or is the the first thing that you tried to install?
Have you followed this article's advice?

Edit: Oh, and welcome to Arch Linux smile

Last edited by ewaller (2012-07-07 14:26:30)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2012-07-07 16:06:11

angelfalls

try these commands follow:

pacman-key --init
pacman-key --populate archlinux

it takes a long time. (~1h30')

read this news: https://www.archlinux.org/news/having-p … -packages/

hopes it can be help you.

btw: wellcome to Arch.

Last edited by angelfalls (2012-07-07 16:07:00)

#4 2012-07-07 16:20:51

progandy

angelfalls wrote:
pacman-key --init

it takes a long time. (~1h30')

That is not entirely true.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman-key
For this initialization, entropy is required. Moving your mouse around, pressing random characters at the keyboard or running some disk-based activity (for example in another console running ls -R / or find / -name foo) should generate entropy. If your system does not already have sufficient entropy, this step may take hours; if you actively generate entropy, it will complete much more quickly.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#5 2012-07-07 17:15:30

angelfalls

yep, i confirms that. i missed these lines.

Wiki wrote:

The Linux kernel generates entropy from keyboard timings, mouse movements, and IDE timings and makes the random character data available to other operating system processes through the special files /dev/random and /dev/urandom. This capability was introduced in Linux version 1.3.30.

#6 2012-07-08 08:04:24

linuxkids

thanks for help.i taken a long time to  install desktop =.=

that's the command

[kids@kids-archlinux ~]$ sudo pacman -S yaourt
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (3): package-query-1.0.1-1  yajl-2.0.4-1  yaourt-1.1-1

Total Download Size:    0.10 MiB
Total Installed Size:   0.64 MiB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages from community...
yajl-2.0.4-1-x86_64       33.9 KiB   288K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
:: Retrieving packages from archlinuxfr...
package-query-1.0.1...    21.7 KiB  2.12K/s 00:10 [######################] 100%
yaourt-1.1-1-any          44.7 KiB  10.1K/s 00:04 [######################] 100%
(3/3) checking package integrity                   [######################] 100%
error: package-query: missing required signature
error: yaourt: missing required signature
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

and my pacman.conf
http://pastebin.com/sXFAqfWx
pacman-key --init
pacman-key --populate archlinux

i have made it at first time ,and then ,i try to make "siglever=never" , but it didn't work

Last edited by linuxkids (2012-07-08 08:45:46)

#7 2012-07-08 08:08:27

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

1. Please use code tags when pasting to the boards
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … s_and_Code

2. You have set SigLevel = PackageRequired for archlinux.fr repo

3. Don't use archlinux.fr - learn how to use makepkg...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#8 2012-07-08 08:47:16

linuxkids

jasonwryan wrote:

1. Please use code tags when pasting to the boards
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … s_and_Code

2. You have set SigLevel = PackageRequired for archlinux.fr repo

i will try it right now. thanks very much

=================================================

i remove "siglevel=packagerequired",and it works.thanks all of you

Last edited by linuxkids (2012-07-08 09:03:28)

#9 2013-04-10 19:47:20

diederick76

jasonwryan wrote:

Why is that? I find yaourt very convenient. Is it insecure? Can it lead to other problems?

#10 2013-04-12 21:53:27

maofree
Website

Hi
another solution is this:
in /etc/pacman.conf use this code to add archlinuxfr's repository

[archlinuxfr]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = http://repo.archlinux.fr/x86_64

#11 2013-04-12 22:36:13

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

diederick76 wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

Why is that? I find yaourt very convenient. Is it insecure? Can it lead to other problems?

It makes you lazy, and removes the need for you to know what's actually happening when you "-S aurpackage", leading to frivolous "Help, 'yaourt -Syu' stopped working and I don't know why, and I'm too lazy to search the forums" posts.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#12 2013-04-13 08:06:29

diederick76

WorMzy wrote:
diederick76 wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

It makes you lazy, and removes the need for you to know what's actually happening when you "-S aurpackage", leading to frivolous "Help, 'yaourt -Syu' stopped working and I don't know why, and I'm too lazy to search the forums" posts.

I see. Thanks.

#13 2013-07-25 21:13:07

thiagowfx

WorMzy wrote:

Sorry for posting in this bit old thread, but I'm curious about your comment.

In this case, considering your argument, pacman -S officialpackage is also lazy. What is not lazy for you? The Gentoo way, of compiling all the packages? I can't see why yaourt is not convenient. In this case, pacman -S officialpackage can also lead to breakage.

#14 2013-07-25 21:18:49

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

thiagowfx wrote:
WorMzy wrote:

Sorry for posting in this bit old thread, but I'm curious about your comment.

In this case, considering your argument, pacman -S officialpackage is also lazy. What is not lazy for you? The Gentoo way, of compiling all the packages? I can't see why yaourt is not convenient. In this case, pacman -S officialpackage can also lead to breakage.

It obscures from users (particularly new users) that AUR is an usupported repository, and that propagates a lazy attitude about the way the rest of Arch works. You only have to look through these boards around any upgrade to pacman to see a host of threads about how pacman is broken, because people don't realize that yaourt/packagekit != pacman.

It has nothing to do with compiling: that is a misdirection. It's about a simple expectation that Arch users will have some clue about what they are actually doing...

#15 2013-07-25 22:01:39

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

The packages in Arch's official repositories (core and extra), and to a slightly lesser extent the pre-compiled packages in community have been tested with, and complied against the rest of the packages in the official repositories. A number of these (core packages and potentially problematic packages in particular*) then go through testing and bugs are picked up along the way and fixed. By the time packages reach the repositories proper, the packages are usually stable and users can pacman -Syu and get away with it. AUR packages are a, if you'll forgive the imagery, a tumour on the side of the official/semi-official repositories. They are independent. Packages operate on their maintainers timescale. And the packaging guidelines are often treated as a guideline, not a set of rules to be adhered to (assuming that the maintainer is aware of them at all). My opinion is thus:

"# pacman -Syu" will update your *official* packages to the next stable version of packages. (not counting third-party repos)
"# <aurhelper> -Syu" will update your official packages to the next stable version, and will update any AUR packages that may or may not have been updated to reflect the changes in the official packages, and will leave untouched a number of packages that may, or may not require a rebuild after the recent changes the official packages have gone through.

The forums are littered with people who have fallen into the habit of using an AUR helper as though it was an official replacement for pacman, and have ended up with a broken system or an "unresolvable" conflict that their AUR helper was unequipped to deal with.  Worse still, some of these people have then tried to force through updates that should never be forced, resulting in worse problems. This is why I say it encourages laziness. I have nothing against AUR packages personally, I currently have 41 of them installed. I even maintain a handful. The problem is with users who rely on unsupported tools but demand support all the same.

*I can't claim all official packages go through testing, because this isn't true. All core packages do, as far as I know, and any packages that have had major changes (e.g. soname bumps) get held back until affected packages get rebuilt/updated to work with the new package.

Note that I am not a Developer, nor a Trusted User, so feel free to disregard my opinions. I am simply drawing on my own conclusions from browsing the forums and reading the mailing lists, any semblance of being "right" is mere coincidence. tongue

Last edited by WorMzy (2013-07-25 22:10:08)

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#16 2013-07-25 22:55:10

cfr

It also obscures the different security issues. I have almost 90 AUR packages installed so I am not saying this to denigrate the people who contribute to AUR but every time I install an AUR package, I am making a decision to trust the packager. Having decided to use Arch, I trust the official packages. I don't mean that I couldn't come to distrust them no matter what - of course not. But if I did come to distrust them, I would be looking for a new distro and not a new package. Tools like yaourt obscure the difference in trust between -S <new-official-package> and -S <new-aur-package>. That difference is why I read pkgbuilds for AUR packages (as best I can - there's stuff I don't understand so I could easily be hood-winked - but I do what I can). I don't do that for official packages. I don't upgrade AUR packages blind either for the same reason - the pkgbuild might have changed, the maintainer might have changed, who knows really without reading it? (Basically I diff the old against the new and then read the new one if necessary. If it is just a new checksum and version, obviously there's no need.)

Also I don't run makepkg in a user account with root privileges. (Unfortunately this seems to break some builds.)

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#17 2016-01-14 05:11:59

sixtyfiveten

Adding the french repository and "SigLevel whitelisting" (my term) solved the problem for me.  (This is an old thread, but old threads are valuable, they turn up in search engines, so it's worth chiming in on).

Some of the other "it makes you lazy" themed arguments in this thread are reasonable, but also a bit comical. smile

Tools can indeed make us lazy, but that's technolgy in general, going back to the stone age. Tools either make things easier or make things possible that otherwise would not be.

It's frankly highly annoying Pacman doesn't support installing from the AUR by default with a robust warning, or optionally with a switch.  True, that can introduce relability and security risks (I've done some work in cryptography application/algorithm development, I understand the issues), but it's *always* a tradeoff between convenience and security.

The key is, let the *individual user* decide what risks he feels are acceptable.  We're adults for the most part. In my case, this is a development VM, incrementally backed up, and practically speaking, expendible.  Were it a production server, I'd probably reluctantly go with another distro and just deal with the fact that I don't have the lightweight install flexibility I love with Arch.

Back to topic (Pacman and wrappers), Yaourt is a workaround to solve a shortcoming in pacman which many feel shouldn't exist in the first place.  So in the process of trying to solve the shortcoming, new security risks are introduced.  It's human nature to scoff at perceived unjust regulations and polcies (ask any historian about Prohibition, but I digress).

Now that I solved this extremely annoying problem with pacman thanks to the Yaourt speakeasy, I can get back to actually driving this car (sober) instead of fixing something that shouldn't be broken in the first place.

Thank you, supporters of Yaourt.

P.S.:  Completely unrelated, I still enjoy playing the original 1980 game Pac-Man.

maofree wrote:

Hi
another solution is this:
in /etc/pacman.conf use this code to add archlinuxfr's repository

[archlinuxfr]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = http://repo.archlinux.fr/x86_64

#18 2016-01-14 05:18:25

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Pacman doesn't support AUR because pacman is distro agnostic.

And please don't necrobump: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … bumping.22

Closing

Board footer