First -- Yes, I was an idiot and borked my system. I had been on vacation for a week and came to a mile long list of updates. I also went ahead and ran everything without looking for any relevant news bits on the home page.
Second -- I'm mostly certain that I've gotten that all straightened out.
However -- Ever since nothing installed from the nvidia-utils package will run.
hal@oa ~ > nvidia-settings bash: /usr/bin/nvidia-settings: No such file or directory hal@oa ~ > file /usr/bin/nvidia-settings /usr/bin/nvidia-settings: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, stripped hal@oa ~ > uname -m x86_64
it does however work if i use
$ /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /usr/bin/nvidia-settings
I swear I had done it again already after fixing the /lib symlink, but for s/gs I ran one more pacman -Sy glibc lib32-glibc, and it seems to have gone through this time.
Pacman REALLY needs some form of news alert to let you know about updates like that. Nothing obtrusive, just a nice little reminder to check the homepage for notices. It would save me a _LOT_ of money on asprin.
Last edited by HalJordan (2012-07-16 02:34:28)
Rename your thread to be more specific, I was about to merge it with all the other glibc stuff.
Update nvidia (check with the website to make sure its the latest). If you're using nvidia from the AUR then that's the problem.
Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.
--Fixed the name.
--And that's the first thing I did. After running pacman -Rdd on anything nvidia, I ran pacman -Sy on everything removed. After that didn't fix it I came looking here, where I found the bit about the linker. It was frustrating as hell, I kept getting back "File or directory not found" but ls showed it right there.