You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-19 03:33:10

mibadt

Can't mount existing partitions during Arch_X86-64 re-install

Hi,
Since I gave up fixing my former Arch I tried to re-install it from the same (net install) CD used for the former successful installation.
Since I have an ext3 1.2 TB /home full  partition and a separate half full reiserfs /var partition, (during the new install) I've chosen to manually define mount points and, for those 2 partitions chose NOT to create them, but mount these, with the correct FS and mount point. However, the installation program insists it can't mount those partitions. I've tried it several times, both using uuid (preferred) or device name. Please advise.

Thanks

Best regards,
Michael Badt

#2 2012-07-19 03:45:59

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Can't mount existing partitions during Arch_X86-64 re-install

Silly question.  You are doing that with root permissions, right?  (Sorry I have to ask)

Have you fsck'd those partitions?  (I have not used Reiserfs since my Gentoo days, does one use fsck, or something else?)

Any chance the kernel modules for those file systems are not loaded?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2012-07-19 08:15:46

mibadt

Re: Can't mount existing partitions during Arch_X86-64 re-install

Thanks,
I've been doing this as root, but didn't run fschk. I'll do this and check the modules.

Best regards,
Michael Badt

Board footer