You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-18 00:20:17

elasticdog
Website

Mouse Sensitivity is too Low

This has been a big annoyance to me while using Linux, but I'm sure there's a way to fix it that Googling isn't providing for me.  My mouse is not sensitive enough under Linux.  I have the same mouse and keyboard hooked up to a KVM and my Windows XP machine as well, and the responiveness/performance under Windows is exactly what I'm after.

Adjusting the threshold and acceleration values doesn't give me what I need.  From my understanding based on the tweaking of the two settings, threshold merely adjusts the point at which accelleration kicks in.  It seems that when I adjust acceleration to be anything over a very small setting, my mouse just skips around like crazy.  Basically I just want something that is smooth and sensitive (no wisecracks on that one  wink)  Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity in general?

I'm using a Logitech MX500 in Xfce and have the Resolution set to 800 in my xorg.conf file, if that helps answer some initial questions...

#2 2005-09-18 15:15:22

jftaylor21

Re: Mouse Sensitivity is too Low

I've never used it before, but this might help:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … _Orphans=0

#3 2005-09-18 20:59:34

shadowhand
Website

Elasticdog: use that link. Note that it will help if you use an Evdev enabled kernel and XOrg package. I posted a PKGBUILD a while back for a XOrg package with EvDev support.

Logitech mice are tricky to get working properly because of how outdated the XOrg device interface is, hence the need for lmctl and EvDev.

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

#4 2005-09-18 21:18:06

elasticdog
Website

I knew evdev would help me out with my button configuration, and was hoping to hold out until the xorg version in testing came out...that's great that it may help out with my sensitivity issues as well!  Thanks for the link, I'll have to do some further investigation, although I'm running mine through a PS/2 KVM, so the software might not help me, but perhaps I can look at the source and figure some stuff out....

As far as the kernel goes, can't evdev be loaded as a module on the stock Arch kernel?  I was thinking I'd only have to make sure it was enabled in the Xorg package to get things going, is that right?

#5 2005-09-18 23:59:23

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Yes, evdev can be loaded as a module with Arch stock kernel.

Board footer