You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-27 04:39:27

lqs

Module vbox* not found; Virtualbox; additions [RESOLVED]

I'm running arch in virtualbox.
And first, I installed virtualbox-archlinux-additions from repository by pacman and everything worked fine, except a little problem.
So I thought (altough it's not recommended) installing virtualbox guest additions from virtualbox (host).
ERROR:

WARNING: Module vboxguest not found.
WARNING: Module vboxsf not found.
WARNING: Module vboxvideo not found.

I tried pacman -S {linux linux-lts and xorg-*; mesa and virtualbox-archlinux-additions}, then modprobe vboxsf vboxguest vboxvideo, still the Not Found error.

Last edited by lqs (2012-07-27 08:03:18)

#2 2012-07-27 04:50:59

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Module vbox* not found; Virtualbox; additions [RESOLVED]

It is getting late here, so maybe it is just me... but I cannot figure out what you are trying to do.

Is the Archlinux you are working with in a virtual machine?  If so, you want to install virtualbox-archlinux-modules.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2012-07-27 05:02:35

lqs

It's 1 pm in China smile
Thanks!Your way works.

ewaller wrote:

It is getting late here, so maybe it is just me... but I cannot figure out what you are trying to do.

Is the Archlinux you are working with in a virtual machine?  If so, you want to install virtualbox-archlinux-modules.

#4 2012-07-27 07:54:17

DSpider

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Vi … nux_guests

Add them to rc.conf and reboot the VM.

And don't forget to mark the topic as solved (by editing the first post).

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

Board footer