You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-26 02:44:56

mianka

SOLVED-Install not booting on Intel Imac-white screen

I just tried to install Archlinux with the new install disc fo the fifth time, without succes.
When I restart the computer all i get is a white screen.
Restarting the install disc, mounting the harddisk partitions and arch-chrooting I can get into the installed linux, I can do everything even install new programs and get these working but when starting normally it's the white screen again.
It is an Intel Imac dual core with 27" screen on whitch the old install disc did it's work flawlessly.

Any idea where I can start searching?

Last edited by mianka (2012-08-03 14:14:52)

#2 2012-07-26 12:55:14

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: SOLVED-Install not booting on Intel Imac-white screen

How long do you wait on that white screen?

I have arch on two different macs - and early iMac, and an early macbook.  They both have long delays on the white EFI screen.

There are allegedly ways to fix this but I have never bothered as I do not reboot either of these machines that often.  Many reports claim it should be a 30 second delay, but on the IMac I'm typing from now (in arch) it is at least 2 minutes.  Whenever I need to reboot this machine, I just type reboot, then go for coffee.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2012-07-26 22:43:05

mianka

Indeed, you're right, but I have another problem: it only works one time of two. The first time I start the screen turns white, then black and stays so ad infinitum (waited 20 minutes to check).
The second time it starts with a white screen,then black and then Arch starts.

So I have an alternating start and non-start when I  push the hardware startbutton of my Imac.

Anyone ever seen this before or having a solution?

Thanks

#4 2012-08-03 14:14:25

mianka

It seems to boot normally now,si I consider it solved.

Board footer