You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-05 21:52:27

W4RH4WK

Removing Wikipages regarding AIF

like the title says, should the Wiki pages regarding AIF be removed, due to the reason AIF is no longer used in the latest installation medias.

This can prevent misleading new comers.

Or at least flag the entries that they are deprecated and the latest installation media does not use AIF anymore.

#2 2012-08-06 02:17:57

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Removing Wikipages regarding AIF

W4RH4WK wrote:

Or at least flag the entries that they are deprecated and the latest installation media does not use AIF anymore.

This. If someone takes AIF up again (and I've seen at least two users mention doing some variant of that) it'd be a waste to have to re-write a bunch of things.

Besides, if someone actually searches for 'AIF' they should already have sufficient knowledge concerning Arch not to be confused. New users won't know what 'AIF' is....

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-08-06 12:57:59

W4RH4WK

ngoonee wrote:

New users won't know what 'AIF' is....

right fromt he begin they won't know that AIFs ever existed, but when they somehow encounter a wikipage (which is not accordingly flagged) they might get confused.
That's all i wanted i to mention.

I already thought that flagging is the better solution.

#4 2012-08-06 13:39:59

Awebb

You really should use the Wiki's discussion feature. The wiki community might have a large intersecion with the board community, but the groups are not 100% congruent. It's the same with IRC and the mailing list. Log in to the wiki and propose what you have in mind there, it'll lead to more success, quicker results and less white noise.

#5 2012-08-06 14:55:33

W4RH4WK

Awebb wrote:

You really should use the Wiki's discussion feature. The wiki community might have a large intersecion with the board community, but the groups are not 100% congruent. It's the same with IRC and the mailing list. Log in to the wiki and propose what you have in mind there, it'll lead to more success, quicker results and less white noise.

okay, thank you for the advice

Board footer