You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-21 09:33:45

nornn

made some packages that hopefully somebody could use

I have recently created updated versions of mozilla, opera and openMotif.  I was wondering if I could upload my mozilla 1.7.11 pkg, opera 8.50 pkg and openMotif for opera so that opera does not give errors when starting.  The user has to remove lesstif and then install openMotif so that opera 8.50 does not complain about missing library libXm.so.3.  If anybody has any suggestions as to where I should upload said packages then I will be happy to do so.  My only problem is I have not added my name and email address in the PKGBUILD for packages I have updated recently.  I do not know I if I should give myself credit in the PKGBUILD because I am not the original package builder (architect) for the packages that I have updated.  Suggestions would be welcome as to what I should do regarding upgrading packages that have already been created.

thank you thank you very much.

#2 2005-09-21 09:50:11

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: made some packages that hopefully somebody could use

These pkgs cannot be added to the AUR as they are updates of exisiting pkgs.  You can create and host your own private repository tho.

#3 2005-09-21 17:02:00

sh__

There was a PKGBUILD of openMotif floating in the forums, but it seems to have never migrated to AUR. If you have a well-written PKGBUILD, you should consider submitting it.

Btw, the error with Opera 8.50 can be avoided by creating a symlink:

ln -s /usr/lib/libXm.so.2.0.1 /usr/lib/libXm.so.3

(assuming lesstif is installed).

#4 2005-09-22 09:39:54

nornn

Thank you both for your replies.  I have not read enough about the user repositories and aur requirements.   I will try to find some time in the near future to read more about uploading packages into the user repository. 

I would like to thank sh_ for his suggestion about linking the library libXm.so.2.0.1 to libXm.so.3, but however I could not find the library libXm when I had lesstif installed.  It could have been I was tired from a long day of work.  I found a pkgbuild by another user for openMotif and modified the pkgbuild so that I could install openMotif for opera.  However openMotif conflicts with lesstif, so I recommend if one wants to use openMotif then it is best to remove lesstif.  I am however open to hear if it is possible to have both libraries installed at the same time.

thank you thank you very much.

#5 2005-09-22 14:38:27

shadowhand
Website

I will be adding Opera 8.5 to my repo tonight, and I could use your PKGBUILD for it.

nornn: You definately want to add yourself to the PKGBUILD. When you update a PKGBUILD, you become the contributor. It's that simple. You can credit others work when you announce the package in the AUR.

sh__: is there a way to create symlinks within packages? Would this work?

mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/lib
ln -s /usr/lib/libXm.so.2.0.1 $startdir/pkg/usr/lib/libXm.so.3

Seems like it would be ok... but I'm not sure if there is a "proper" way to symlink in packages...

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

Board footer