You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-04 02:43:00

moskvax

Using pacman to update just one repo

I frequently use ABS, and as I understand it after you make a new package in /var/abs/local, you have to run gensync to update your local repository, then sync pacman with it. I tell pacman to use wget for file transfers, and I have a lot of unofficial repositories in my pacman.conf, so every time I run pacman -Sy, it takes it a few minutes to sync with all the repositories, but often I only want to update my local one. Is there any way to do this with pacman right now?

edit: if you wonder why I don't just control+c out of it after it syncs local, it's because I use wget as my download agent, and after you kill one wget it goes and tries the next repository mirror, so you're holding it down for ~10 seconds before it cancels everything. And it looks messy  tongue

#2 2005-09-22 20:30:46

jftaylor21

Re: Using pacman to update just one repo

It might not be the best way, but you could make a script that uses a different pacman.conf that just contains your local repo. Maybe something along the lines of this:

#! /bin/bash
mv /etc/pacman.conf /etc/pacman.temp
cp /etc/pacman.conf.local /etc/pacman.conf
pacman -Sy
cp /etc/pacman.temp /etc/pacman.conf

#3 2005-09-22 21:15:37

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

sudo pacman -Sy --config /etc/pacman.d/extra

the nice thing about having each repo in a seperate include file like the default setup is...you can easily do the above.

rock on pacman!

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2005-09-22 21:47:11

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

cactus wrote:
sudo pacman -Sy --config /etc/pacman.d/extra

the nice thing about having each repo in a seperate include file like the default setup is...you can easily do the above.

rock on pacman!

cactus for the win!

I never knew that... even though I'd rarely use it, that's awesome.  Thanks.

#5 2005-09-22 23:02:16

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

just be careful. i only do -Sy with a --config /etc/pacman.d/repo, then use pacman -S blah without the specificity

Otherwise the rest of your pacman.conf file doesnt get picked up..ie your noupgrades and such.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#6 2005-09-23 10:47:35

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

great - never knew this and have frequently posted about it!  How annoying....

Board footer