You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-14 01:21:26

kraileth

makechroot trouble - GPGME error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Hi everybody!

I'm currently trying out several DEs with Arch and would like to build Trinity, R14, too. I followed the wiki (which more or less points to this readme).

Things are a bit tricky there, but I ended up with having the tar.gz archives built and moved to the right location as well as placing all the other stuff into the dirs made for it.

Step 4 set up a new chroot for me and everything was well except for a warning that there was no local.db. Since the scripts don't seem to build 'hal-info', 'hal' and 'libutempter', I build packages for them by hand and moved those into $chroot/root/repo. Then I used repo-add local.db.tar.gz $pkgname for each package.

Finally I updated the chroot using mkarchroot -u $chroot/root". It worked well and now I do have a file 'local.db'.

But if I want to build the first package ('tqt3') using the 'bt.sh' script, it works up to the moment where it issues 'sudo makechrootpkg -r /home/myusername/chroot -u'. Pacman starts downloading the dependencies before building, but once it's done with "checking package integrity", I just get several lines of

error: GPGME error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

and than a bunch of lines talling me that $pkgname is "missing required signature".

I'm rather new to Arch and despite having searched the wiki, the forums and google for a while, I'm not really going anywhere. I understand that it's pacman which is unable to cope with the signature thing in the chroot. But what to do about this?

#2 2012-08-19 17:54:28

cmb
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: makechroot trouble - GPGME error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I'm using archbuild, rather than calling makechrootpkg directly,
and I'm having the same issue.
I discovered that the gpgme errors go away when running under GNU screen.
Also, redirecting stdout and stderr gets rid of them.
So try running in a screen session, and see if that fixes your
problems.  Also, I'll file a bug in a minute.

#3 2012-08-25 18:48:08

kraileth

Re: makechroot trouble - GPGME error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Thanks for your answer, cmb!

My problem was solved in an unexpected way, though: Just a few days after I had given up on getting building the Trinity DE myself, someone set up a custom repo for it that was added to the wiki. This was of course by far the easiest solution. smile But it was also good to mess a little with the build system myself.

Board footer