You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-14 02:44:00

kidou343

Deluge won't download to other directories besides default

Hi guys,
This is both a post for a pain in the butt that I found in Deluge and my current workaround for it, so it's here if anyone needs it (it's not "solved", it's just how I work around it and hopefully someone can give me some help with the issue). So let's get to it:

System:
deluge-1.3.5-1
libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.16.2-1
boost-libs-1.50.0-2
I'm using the gtk-ui, not web-ui.

Situation: When I add a new torrent, Deluge has a section where you can set the "Download Location", and it defaults to whatever you set the default folder to be. For ease of argument let's just say it's the ~/ folder. So, I change the download location to one NOT already there on the drop-down menu (this is important) and add the torrent.

Expected Result: torrent downloads to specified folder
Actual Result: torrent downloads to ~/

However, this does NOT happen if I select a directory that is already there on the drop-down menu, which are the default locations, various hard-drives, and bookmarked locations. (This is important; we will come back to this later.)

In other words, Deluge did not pay attention to where I wanted the torrent to download. Now, if I go into preferences and changed the default location, then it will download to that location, but that's where things get interesting. If I select a directory that is already on the drop-down menu and click Apply, there is no problem. HOWEVER, if I select a directory NOT on the drop-down menu, when I click Apply the default location goes back to ~! But you know how a directory you select now appears as an option on the drop-down menu now, right? So if I now select the new save directory which appears in the drop-down menu and them click Apply, it works fine. This leads to my workaround:

Workaround: Apparently Deluge has no problem saving to a directory already in the drop-down menu. So, in the Add Torrent window, select your desired directory, so then it now appears as an option on the drop-down menu. Then, select another directory from the drop-down menu, and then reselect your desired directory (again, from the down-down menu). Now when you add the torrent, it will save to the desired directory.

Now, while my workaround works, it's a pain. Also, there is still a problem with moving the torrent after it's been added. When I "Move Storage", on a torrent after it's been added,  nothing happens. So in summary, a pain in the butt.

Some things I've been looking at that might solve the problem:
1) Downgrading libtorrent-rasterbar and boost-libs. I've seen this solution around the forum, but that's doesn't really sound like a "solution" to me, and it's not guaranteed to work.
2) I read something about setting the running user for Deluge from "deluge", which apparent is the default user for it, to the current user. Now, I have no idea how in the world to do that, so maybe can help me with that.

I also read somewhere about changing directory permissions using chown, and I tried that but it didn't work. Like, I can't set EVERY folder to "deluge:deluge", that would be dumb (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry about it. If you do, well aren't you proud of yourself tongue).

So, if anyone can give some insight on how to get the changing download location to work PROPERLY or how to be able to move the torrent after it's been added, please respond! If there's anything else you need to know, feel free to ask.

So here's some other things as well:
/srv/deluge/.config/deluge/(files, such as auth) does not exist for me, and for some reason I can't cd into /srv/deluge/.config from the terminal, even though it DOES exist. ~/.config/deluge/(files) exists though.

My /etc/conf.d/deluged file looks like this:
OPTIONS=""
WEB_OPTION_=""
Adding the line DELUGE_USER="(user)" to the top of the /etc/conf.d/deluged file seems to have no effect.

#2 2012-08-14 04:41:30

AndyRTR
Developer

Re: Deluge won't download to other directories besides default

I'm having similar issues since libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.16.2-1 update. My completed files are not moved anymore to the  desired folder. So far I couldn't find a solution. I'm running deluged on a remote server machine and use it via the gtk client over locale network. Permission could be the problems here:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru … nt-discuss
* fix permissions issue on linux whith noatime
      enabled for non-owned files

#3 2012-08-14 22:08:05

Athenaeum

I am also experiencing problems with deluge-1.3.5-1 and libtorrent-rasterbar 1:0.16.2-1.

Additionally, I have noticed a similar problem with LinuxDC++ (linuxdcpp 1.1.0-3).
Any set download directories are ignored and everything is downloaded to ~/ instead.
Likewise, pointing to a directory for the share is unsuccessful as well and always defaults back to ~/.

#4 2012-08-15 00:35:05

Rasi
Website

AndyRTR wrote:

I'm having similar issues since libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.16.2-1 update. My completed files are not moved anymore to the  desired folder. So far I couldn't find a solution. I'm running deluged on a remote server machine and use it via the gtk client over locale network. Permission could be the problems here:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru … nt-discuss
* fix permissions issue on linux whith noatime
      enabled for non-owned files

Ah i am not alone. Same usecase, same problem..

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#5 2012-08-15 04:54:04

AndyRTR
Developer

Not sure if these are one or two different issues. Can somebody with access to log files report it upstream please?

http://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/iss … %20Summary

#6 2012-08-22 04:40:58

jholbrook

Having exactly the same problem.

Any solution besides downgrading?

#7 2012-08-26 14:18:08

omeringen

Hi,
Having same issues. I've talked with a dev on irc channel and he said that it's probably related to Ticket #2140
I've found a workaround for default download directory. Just edit /home/you/.config/deluge/core.conf file, edit line :

"download_location": "/media/asd/Downloads",

#8 2012-10-03 07:20:42

AndyRTR
Developer

Any solution?

[root@server64 andyrtr]# grep location /srv/deluge/.config/deluge/core.conf
  "download_location": "/mnt/share/nfs/andyrtr/Gemeinsame_Dateien/download/deluge/tmp/",
  "compact_allocation": false,
  "geoip_db_location": "/usr/share/GeoIP/GeoIP.dat",
  "torrentfiles_location": "/srv/deluge",
  "autoadd_location": "/mnt/share/nfs/andyrtr/Gemeinsame_Dateien/download/deluge/torrents_ueberwacht/",
  "plugins_location": "/srv/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins"
and
  "move_completed_path": "/mnt/share/nfs/andyrtr/Gemeinsame_Dateien/download/deluge/fertig/",

Any way to get finished files automatically moved to "move_completed_path" ?

#9 2012-10-10 17:38:03

Fackamato

Hm this is annoying. I\m not at the machine now but can someone test changing the path manually on core.conf, then perhaps set a sticky bit on it? Does that work?

#10 2012-10-10 18:50:50

hadrons123

This bug is not arch specific . Its an upstream issue. The Dev is working on it.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2169

LENOVO Y 580 IVYBRIDGE 660M NVIDIA
Unix is user-friendly. It just isn't promiscuous about which users it's friendly with. - Steven King

Board footer