You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-16 12:02:18

ratcheer

[Solved] Some difficulty making a donation to Arch Linux

I want to make a donation to Arch Linux and was surprised to discover that there is no way to use PayPal to do so. I do not like using my credit card directly for such transactions. I had already transferred the money to my PayPal account to give to Arch, then found that the donation page only accepts credit card numbers.

Yes, I know, "it is what it is", and I should have checked the payment method first. But every other FOSS project I have donated to in the past has accepted PayPal, including Sabayon Linux, yesterday. Maybe Arch will consider PayPal for the future.

Tim

Last edited by ratcheer (2012-08-16 15:22:50)

#2 2012-08-16 12:37:13

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: [Solved] Some difficulty making a donation to Arch Linux

Paypal was dropped given it can do what it likes with your money.

#3 2012-08-16 13:21:47

Dheart

I am all for dropping PayPal support. They do whatever they damn well please and there's no way to confront them.
I personally opened a second bank account with a debit card to it which I keep empty.
In case i want to do some online payment i transfer the exact sum of money into that account, I pay and that it. That way even if god forbid my debit card details are to be stolen, there would be no actual money for anyone to leech.

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

#4 2012-08-16 15:21:35

ratcheer

Ok, thanks. I understand.

I can create a throwaway credit card number and donate that way. But, I still have the funds in my PayPal account. I guess I can give them to the NoScript guy.

Tim

Board footer