You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-19 01:47:59

markg85

Is there an archlinux distro that is more arch like?

Hi,

As said in an earlier post that went to TGN (i hope this one won't end up in there as well). I really like(d) arch. It was easy to install and fun to use. However, i just did (or tried to do) an actual install without the AIF and i'm already frustrated by the amount of config i need to do and the fact that taking UUID for discs screws up grub config without me knowing it thus i'm stuck with hours of fixing again. That can be done so much easier in an installation framework and will be so much less error sensitive.

If i wanted Gentoo i would have picked that! Arch seems to be going that direction..

On to the question itself. I think archlinux lost it's ways and i'm searching for a archlinux based distribution because i do want to keep the easy pkgbuild stuff. What i'm searching in that distribution is:
- An installation framework (anakonda perhaps?)
- That sticks to the upstream defaults and not the fancy colored output and strange tab completion that the current archlinux image has (really arch, you have lost your way by doing that)

As for the mods, this is not a TGN thread! My question is genuine and based on the critics outlined in this posts. And i am truly searching for a new better archlinux distribution.

Cheers,
Mark

#2 2012-08-19 01:49:36

quasifilmie

Re: Is there an archlinux distro that is more arch like?

Try archboot isos.

#3 2012-08-19 01:51:41

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Is there an archlinux distro that is more arch like?

markg85 wrote:

As for the mods, this is not a TGN thread!

If i wanted Gentoo i would have picked that! Arch seems to be going that direction..

I think archlinux lost it's ways...

...not the fancy colored output and strange tab completion that the current archlinux image has (really arch, you have lost your way by doing that)

No, it's a trolling thread.

You don't even have the courtesy to refrain from insulting the community you are seeking help from.

Closing. Post this sort of rubbish again and you can expect a ban.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer