You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-15 17:04:07

Bad_ptr

systemd + pulseaudio

Several months ago I installed pulseaudio and it worked fine at first glance.
Then I discovered that when there multiple users active, sound is only available to first user who captured soundcard:).
After I read www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/PerfectSetup and removed users from 'audio' group, all users got their sound.
But yesterday i decided to try systemd. And now I have sound only at the first terminal! When I'm switching to another terminal with Alt+Fn or launch X there is no sound till I switch back to first terminal.
If I add users to 'audio' group back it works for first user(as before systemd and removing users from 'audio').
Any suggestions or am I missed something? What am I doing wrong(except my bad english:p)?

#2 2012-08-15 23:56:01

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: systemd + pulseaudio

Probably something to do with polkit/ck (can't remember which one pulse uses). Firstly, don't use the 'audio' group, next, you need to debug consolekit or polkit. I believe pulse is meant to be used with polkit (along with systemd) but due to old dependencies and some people not wanting to switch over we haven't been able to update polkit yet.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-08-19 09:34:18

Bad_ptr

Re: systemd + pulseaudio

That solved my problem: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=806491

Last edited by Bad_ptr (2012-08-19 09:34:38)

Board footer