You are not logged in.

#976 2012-08-07 10:23:51

Kesin
Member
From: Paris, France
Registered: 2012-07-31
Posts: 2

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

@donniezazen: Did you try with this rule?

{ rule = { class = "Exe" },
      properties = { floating = true } }

"Exe" not "exe".
It works for me (I'm using Chromium).

donniezazen wrote:

Where are you suppose to put that sleep 5 & xprop?

In a terminal, and it's sleep 5 && xprop

Last edited by Kesin (2012-08-07 10:25:55)

Offline

#977 2012-08-07 14:53:38

micoka7
Member
Registered: 2012-02-09
Posts: 28

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

It's a little old, but still..
info and such is on the scrot.. if you want anything else, just ask..

SCREENSHOT LINK
tZXh5MA
Oh and it's crunchbang

Last edited by micoka7 (2012-08-07 14:57:02)

Offline

#978 2012-08-07 17:41:42

donniezazen
Member
From: Salt Lake City
Registered: 2011-06-24
Posts: 671
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Kesin wrote:

@donniezazen: Did you try with this rule?

{ rule = { class = "Exe" },
      properties = { floating = true } }

"Exe" not "exe".
It works for me (I'm using Chromium).

donniezazen wrote:

Where are you suppose to put that sleep 5 & xprop?

In a terminal, and it's sleep 5 && xprop

Thanks worked like a charm.

Offline

#979 2012-08-07 21:02:14

flexo3001
Member
From: berlin
Registered: 2012-01-13
Posts: 95

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

@micoka7:
can you please share the code of your battery/volumewidget?it looks quite interessting....

thanks, flexo


Fight war not wars, destroy power not people!

Offline

#980 2012-08-08 00:18:23

donniezazen
Member
From: Salt Lake City
Registered: 2011-06-24
Posts: 671
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

donniezazen wrote:
Kesin wrote:

@donniezazen: Did you try with this rule?

{ rule = { class = "Exe" },
      properties = { floating = true } }

"Exe" not "exe".
It works for me (I'm using Chromium).

donniezazen wrote:

Where are you suppose to put that sleep 5 & xprop?

In a terminal, and it's sleep 5 && xprop

Thanks worked like a charm.

It came to my notice that it works in all layouts except floating which is what i use for Google Chrome.

Offline

#981 2012-08-08 14:55:37

micoka7
Member
Registered: 2012-02-09
Posts: 28

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

flexo3001 wrote:

@micoka7:
can you please share the code of your battery/volumewidget?it looks quite interessting....

thanks, flexo

Here's for the wifi
WIDGET
(I couldn't find my old rc.lua with this bar, but I found only for the wifi - you can change some of the names and arguments according to vicious and it should work)

Offline

#982 2012-08-10 01:37:39

Cluster_one
Member
Registered: 2012-06-23
Posts: 14

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Link Here.
YzyMLNGGM81nMpzY.jpg

grey-new theme
Wallpaper here (1920 x 1200)

Last edited by Cluster_one (2012-08-10 01:43:43)

Offline

#983 2012-08-10 06:14:47

koei
Member
Registered: 2012-03-14
Posts: 11

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Pretty nub to Awesome, and I got most of it looking the way I want, but I am trying to configure the UI fonts for Firefox. Can anyone provide some pointers?

Offline

#984 2012-08-11 09:53:11

flexo3001
Member
From: berlin
Registered: 2012-01-13
Posts: 95

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

micoka7 wrote:
flexo3001 wrote:

@micoka7:
can you please share the code of your battery/volumewidget?it looks quite interessting....

thanks, flexo

Here's for the wifi
WIDGET
(I couldn't find my old rc.lua with this bar, but I found only for the wifi - you can change some of the names and arguments according to vicious and it should work)

thanks for the widget.works fine.

i have a question for you vicious.pkg and vicious.gmail users. does anyone notice performance leaks
with these two widgets? when i use them awesome is sometimes temporary not responsable(for 10 seconds) t
i tried to use primefactor refresh-times and caching. my dropbox and wicd widget
which both work with a timer(e.g. every 5 seconds refresh) doesn't slow down my awesome
like this....

any idea?

thanks,flexo


Fight war not wars, destroy power not people!

Offline

#985 2012-08-13 17:31:04

intrntbrn
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2011-12-01
Posts: 66

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

its the gcalci "widget".
on next version im trying to cache the gcalendar stuff.

Last edited by intrntbrn (2012-08-13 17:32:31)

Offline

#986 2012-08-14 06:55:16

flexo3001
Member
From: berlin
Registered: 2012-01-13
Posts: 95

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

intrntbrn wrote:

its the gcalci "widget".
on next version im trying to cache the gcalendar stuff.

it isn't the gcalcli. i already noticed the performance leaks before i implemented
the widget. it must be the pacman or gmail widet.i tried a lot of combinations
and when these widget were active it leaks.

nevermind....the caching for gcalc would be nice;)


Fight war not wars, destroy power not people!

Offline

#987 2012-08-16 12:28:52

Sathors
Member
Registered: 2011-02-23
Posts: 40

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Hi guys,

I'm coming to you because I am now using the blingbling library, and so far I have found no way to change the default color of the corresponding widgets, which all feature a greenish color.

I've looked in the corresponding lua source code to see where it is hardcoded, and I can't find it anywhere ...
The provided functions don't seem to work either (either the widget gets transparent, or it crashes awesome).

Thank you for your help

Offline

#988 2012-08-16 17:39:19

TheImmortalPhoenix
Member
From: 127.0.0.1
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 436

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

doug piston wrote:

Ok, finally finished setting up this new laptop, very pleased with the font rendering on this one..

Clean
http://ompldr.org/tZXpvNg

Chatting with the world and rooting the tele..
http://ompldr.org/tZXpvNQ

Is the program in top-right terminal pianobar? How did you make it coloured?

Offline

#989 2012-08-19 14:49:34

doug piston
Member
From: Seattle
Registered: 2011-09-11
Posts: 387
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Its is Pianobar. https://github.com/PromyLOPh/pianobar/b … ig-example

Look at the 'format Strings' section. I simply did a copy and paste.

Now get it to display the 'now playing' in my MPD widget. smile

Offline

#990 2012-08-19 14:59:14

mjheagle8
Member
From: /home/mjheagle8
Registered: 2009-07-12
Posts: 186

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

doug piston wrote:

Its is Pianobar. https://github.com/PromyLOPh/pianobar/b … ig-example

Look at the 'format Strings' section. I simply did a copy and paste.

Now get it to display the 'now playing' in my MPD widget. smile

i did something similar with mplayer, you can write something to wrap it the write now playing to a file or something.


Desktop/Laptop - DWM :: VM - screen
Registered Linux User Number 483137 :: Victory! :: GitHub

Offline

#991 2012-08-19 16:35:12

TheImmortalPhoenix
Member
From: 127.0.0.1
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 436

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

doug piston wrote:

Now get it to display the 'now playing' in my MPD widget. smile

How?

Offline

#992 2012-08-20 11:37:52

Starfall
Member
From: /home/
Registered: 2011-05-24
Posts: 209
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Here's my latest setup, and my first post in this forum!

Been using awesome for a while now and I don't think I'll ever change!

Click the below image to visit the shot in my Deviant Art gallery

i_hope_they_have_icees__by_eternalkernel-d5bkbt6.png

Feel free to visit my gallery to see my other shots smile


Visit my blog and my DeviatArt page

Offline

#993 2012-08-20 14:57:50

doug piston
Member
From: Seattle
Registered: 2011-09-11
Posts: 387
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

mjheagle8 wrote:

i did something similar with mplayer, you can write something to wrap it the write now playing to a file or something.


I had done something similar back when I was using conky. I will look into again.


@StarFall

Excellent taste in music. smile

Last edited by doug piston (2012-08-20 14:59:09)

Offline

#994 2012-08-20 17:21:47

Starfall
Member
From: /home/
Registered: 2011-05-24
Posts: 209
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

doug piston wrote:

@StarFall

Excellent taste in music. smile

Thanks big_smile Gotta love a bit of Doom!


Visit my blog and my DeviatArt page

Offline

#995 2012-08-22 11:27:23

flako
Member
Registered: 2008-10-24
Posts: 56

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

My EeePc running awesome.

Clean:
tZjcwZw

"Busy":
tZjcwaA

(And, yes sometimes I use all/most of those 9 desktops/tags smile )

Offline

#996 2012-08-22 11:29:51

tlamer
Member
From: Bratislava, Slovakia.
Registered: 2010-02-04
Posts: 42

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

flako wrote:

My EeePc running awesome.

Hey smile can you share your config and wallpaper? Thanks.


:wq

Offline

#997 2012-08-22 13:56:38

flako
Member
Registered: 2008-10-24
Posts: 56

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

tlamer wrote:
flako wrote:

My EeePc running awesome.

Hey smile can you share your config and wallpaper? Thanks.

Wallpaper: http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/276154

rc.lua: sprunge.us/fOTh

The theme is a lightly modified version of zenburn, I think the only thing I modified was the icons.

Offline

#998 2012-08-24 22:36:12

rsyh93
Member
Registered: 2012-08-24
Posts: 1

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

flexo3001 wrote:
intrntbrn wrote:

its the gcalci "widget".
on next version im trying to cache the gcalendar stuff.

it isn't the gcalcli. i already noticed the performance leaks before i implemented
the widget. it must be the pacman or gmail widet.i tried a lot of combinations
and when these widget were active it leaks.

nevermind....the caching for gcalc would be nice;)

Hi, forum nub here!  I love your gcalcli widget, but couldn't stand the wait, so I made a few adjustments

-- Google Calendar
local gcal = nil

function remove_gcal()
    if gcal~= nil then
        naughty.destroy(gcal)
        gcal = nil
    end
end

function update_gcal()
    gcalinfo = awful.util.pread("gcalcli --24hr --nc agenda '0:00' '23:59'")
    gcalinfo = string.gsub(gcalinfo, "%$(%w+)", "%1")
    gcalinfo = gcalinfo:match( "(.-)%s*$") -- removed trailing whitespace
end

function add_gcal()
    remove_gcal()
    today = os.date("%A, %B %d, %Y") .. "\n"
    gcal = naughty.notify({
                           title = today,
                           text = gcalinfo,
                           timeout = 0,
                           screen = mouse.screen,
                          })
end
mytextclock:add_signal("mouse::enter", add_gcal)
mytextclock:add_signal("mouse::leave", remove_gcal)

gcal_timer = timer({ timeout = 1800 }) -- time to update calendar in seconds, 1800 sec = 30 min
gcal_timer:add_signal("timeout", update_gcal)
gcal_timer:start()

update_gcal() -- first time output

Basically, the update happens every 30 minutes instead of everytime it pops up, and is stored in the, now global variable, gcalinfo


One more thing... With so much great ideas with widgets/themes/colorschemes, has anyone considered documenting to the awesome wiki?

Last edited by rsyh93 (2012-08-25 18:11:55)

Offline

#999 2012-08-26 19:16:45

Starfall
Member
From: /home/
Registered: 2011-05-24
Posts: 209
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Here's another smile

Click the below image to visit the shot in my Deviant Art gallery

regato_by_eternalkernel-d5cmkdk.png

Feel free to visit my gallery to see my other shots smile


Visit my blog and my DeviatArt page

Offline

#1000 2012-08-27 18:44:06

chu887
Member
Registered: 2012-08-25
Posts: 23

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

3picgillftw wrote:

A bit of a change to my config. Spaced things out used a theme other than the 'default' and integrated things a bit better all around.

suggestions for what to do next? I am out of ideas but addicted big_smile

htop pop up
http://s16.postimage.org/5esa4wd1t/2012_05_18_170049_1280x960_scrot.png

clean
http://s16.postimage.org/o9o0vbd3l/2012_05_18_170105_1280x960_scrot.png

mpd notification popup
http://s16.postimage.org/v2odrl3wx/2012_05_18_170210_1280x960_scrot.png

ncmpcpp
http://s16.postimage.org/6aorkcmq9/2012_05_18_170338_1280x960_scrot.png

Hi, your  desktop is really luxury!  I have a question: How to set the panel above to be transparent ?? Most themes are not ...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB