You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-19 06:25:54

hvnsweeting
Website

[Solved] Offline install base system with only CD

As I read on the wiki

Setup network in the live installation environment
The installer need network connection to download and install packages. So network have to be setup first.

Can I (if yes how) install just base or addition base-devel with only CD installation media?

Another questions, if that CD doesn't contain install package, what does it contains in it 384M ?

(I just try to install base Arch on virtual machine and I don't want to waste much time to wait it to download things on my slow internet)

Last edited by hvnsweeting (2012-08-19 16:43:55)

#2 2012-08-19 11:07:07

yaffare

Re: [Solved] Offline install base system with only CD

hvnsweeting wrote:

Can I (if yes how) install just base or addition base-devel with only CD installation media?

The new image is netinstall only. It was mentioned in the news.

hvnsweeting wrote:

Another questions, if that CD doesn't contain install package, what does it contains in it 384M ?

The live cd itself.

- What you can do is remaster the official-iso and put the core packages in /var/cache/pacman/pkg. This is not an offline installation.
  You still need net, but for testing in virtual machine you can install quicker until your cached packages are out of date again.
  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Re … nstall_ISO
- You can set up a network shared pacman cache, so that the packages in virtual machine are downloaded from your real machine.
  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … cman_cache

systemd is like pacman. enjoys eating up stuff.

#3 2012-08-19 11:13:27

DSpider

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … _USB_stick

~380 MB because it contains both architectures (190 MB + 190 MB).

Last edited by DSpider (2012-08-19 11:55:17)

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#4 2012-08-19 16:43:19

hvnsweeting
Website

thank you all, I got it.

#5 2012-08-19 17:19:53

DSpider

Ok, can you say a few words on what you actually did to solve it? This is so that other people (including yourself sometimes) may find useful.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

Board footer