You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-18 19:56:57

meetaw

systemd freeze after update

Hey I switched to systemd recently following the instructions on the arch wiki. When I ran "pacman -Syu", I got messages saying "modemmanager.service already exists in filesystem" . So I removed those files and updated and when I checked the directory those files had been replaced by new files. When I rebooted, systemd got stuck at starting modemmanager. I tried rebooting again and this time it got stuck at "starting graphical user interface". Help ?

#2 2012-08-20 14:13:09

hadrons123

Re: systemd freeze after update

meetaw wrote:

Hey I switched to systemd recently following the instructions on the arch wiki. When I ran "pacman -Syu", I got messages saying "modemmanager.service already exists in filesystem" . So I removed those files and updated and when I checked the directory those files had been replaced by new files. When I rebooted, systemd got stuck at starting modemmanager. I tried rebooting again and this time it got stuck at "starting graphical user interface". Help ?

How exactly did you remove those files?

post your pacman.log

LENOVO Y 580 IVYBRIDGE 660M NVIDIA
Unix is user-friendly. It just isn't promiscuous about which users it's friendly with. - Steven King

#3 2012-08-20 14:14:27

meetaw

Re: systemd freeze after update

Never mind. I fixed it. I restored the old .service files and it works fine now.

Board footer