You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-17 01:26:16

cmorgenstern
Website

[SOLVED] Segmentation fault in Evince when printing

I've been unable to print any PDFs in Evince or Evince windows in Firefox recently due to a segmentation fault. The PDF opens just fine and the print dialog box opens with no problem, but after I've selected all my print settings and click "Print", Evince crashes:

[username@Arch-User Miscellaneous]$ evince New\ Zealand\ Adult\ Passport\ Renewal\ Form.pdf

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: button.css:28:20: Invalid animation description

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: button.css:64:20: Invalid animation description

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: progressbar.css:5:20: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: progressbar.css:79:19: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: scale.css:6:20: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: scale.css:7:33: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: scale.css:166:19: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: scale.css:184:19: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: toolbar.css:524:20: Invalid animation description

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: nautilus.css:56:1: '/*' in comment block

(evince:10919): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: nautilus.css:309:2: '/*' in comment block
Syntax Warning: SOT marker inconsistency in tile 0: tile-part index greater (5) than number of tile-parts (5)

Syntax Warning: SOT marker inconsistency in tile 1: tile-part index greater (5) than number of tile-parts (5)

Syntax Warning: SOT marker inconsistency in tile 2: tile-part index greater (5) than number of tile-parts (5)

Syntax Warning: SOT marker inconsistency in tile 3: tile-part index greater (5) than number of tile-parts (5)

Syntax Warning: SOT marker inconsistency in tile 4: tile-part index greater (5) than number of tile-parts (5)

Syntax Warning: SOT marker inconsistency in tile 0: tile-part index greater (5) than number of tile-parts (5)

Syntax Warning: SOT marker inconsistency in tile 1: tile-part index greater (5) than number of tile-parts (5)

Segmentation fault

I tested it with a different PDF with the same result. All my packages are up-to-date as well as Evince and it's dependencies. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

Last edited by cmorgenstern (2012-08-21 04:56:52)

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
~ Napoleon I

#2 2012-08-21 04:56:02

cmorgenstern
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Segmentation fault in Evince when printing

So it turns out that the PDF I was working with had a single page that was causing the segmentation fault. Subsequent tests with other PDFs and different printing modes produced no crashes and successful printing of the documents.

The area which was causing problems was page 10 of this PDF.

Apparently there are still some issues with printing certain PDFs in Evince, but for the most part it seems to be working.

Last edited by cmorgenstern (2012-08-21 05:01:25)

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
~ Napoleon I

#3 2012-10-02 18:51:30

gauteh
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Segmentation fault in Evince when printing

Got the same issues.. no fix yet..

Board footer