You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-22 00:38:23

samercier

Why is my wifi card being pushed down?

I have connected to an open network, and a secured network with wicd and have not been able to connect b/c when trying to connect wicd pushes my device down seemingly always at the point where it is trying to get an ip. I have tried pushing the device up while it is connecting and got stuck in an infinite loop. I have connected to one of the wireless networks by an Ethernet cable and been fine. Why is this?  PS I am a noob. Also I tried to install the gnome network manager and then disabling wicd, but the gnome network manager doesn't appear where it ought be in gnome 3 so any advice about getting that little thing to work?

#2 2012-08-22 00:50:06

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Why is my wifi card being pushed down?

First, it is not clear at all what you mean by it being "pushed down".  Please include error messages or logs.

Second, for trouble shooting I always recommend using the manual connection method so you can see exactly which step is failing.  These are outlined on the wireless wiki page.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer