You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-26 12:23:03

Cam
Website

CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION

I'm using kernel26archck from AUR, I built it rather than install from community so I could enable HFS+ support for the iPod I bought today. It works, and I can use gtkpod to copy one album at a time over but when I try to copy a few it craps out. This thread at linuxquestions.org outlines my problem and solution pretty well, however when I went to edit the config file to rebuild my kernel package, I couldn't find that config option at all... closest I could find is CONFIG_EFI.

Should I just set that to no, add a line for CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION or...? Any ideas here would be appreciated. I could just rebuild my kernel and do it through the menu but if I can keep it through pacman that'd be the way to go.

Ta smile

#2 2005-09-26 14:12:00

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION

The fact that it's not there means it's already disabled, but I don't think it's what you're looking for anyway. I had a scan through the kernel source, and this is what it says:

config EFI_PARTITION
        bool "EFI GUID Partition support"
        depends on PARTITION_ADVANCED
        select CRC32
        help
          Say Y here if you would like to use hard disks under Linux which
          were partitioned using EFI GPT.  Presently only useful on the
          IA-64 platform.

You only see this config option if you enable "Advanced partition selection" in File systems -> Partition Types.

#3 2005-09-27 06:58:51

Cam
Website

Re: CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION

I followed some other advice that said to try a different USB port. Lo and behold it worked! Stupid computer...

Board footer