You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-08 07:58:39

unixsolo

UEFI issue?

I hope somebody can explain me the cause of the following problems.
The first one I've got when booting Arch linux kernel (the latest ; init is done by systemd) in UEFI mode on Asrock H67M-GE/HT motherboard. There is an option in the UEFI BIOS (the latest version 2.10) "USB Keyboard/Remote Power On" and this option is turned on. But after power off, the motherboard can't be awakened by a usb keyboard. And it can be normally awakened by a usb keyboard from deep S5 mode if booted in BIOS mode. Is it a bug in the UEFI BIOS or UEFI implementation in the linux kernel? And perhaps there is a way to put some boot option to the linux kernel to resolve this issue?
The second problem I observe when poweroffing Acer Veriton Z2610G booted also in UEFI mode. The power supply doesn't power off, only the hard disk. And this machine powers off normally when booted in BIOS mode.
In both cases I use "systemctl poweroff" or "shutdown -hP now" commands. Kernel options acpi=off or acpi=force don't solve the problem.

Last edited by unixsolo (2012-08-28 13:05:26)

#2 2012-08-21 05:57:44

unixsolo

Re: UEFI issue?

Well, I understand that it could be specific motherboard issue but Asrock technical support hasn't answered yet. Perhaps somebody has run into the same problems with some other motherboards booting in UEFI mode, I mean power supply power off problem and awakening with usb-keyboard when this option is present in a UEFI BIOS. Give me some advice please.

#3 2012-08-27 15:00:57

unixsolo

Re: UEFI issue?

And what is more interesting when I power off in rEFInd, the option "USB Keyboard/Remote Power On" in ASRock's UEFI BIOS works having been turned on.
So it's not only UEFI issue, it depends upon how motherboard is turned off, and this is done differently in rEFInd and systemd.
Any help or advice?

Board footer