You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-29 23:55:17

hmb19r

OpenPuush: an open source screenshot, file, etc sharing utility.

OpenPuush
OpenPuush is meant to be a clone of the Puush application (http://puu.sh). The reasoning behind this project is that Puush is an extremely useful utility that I wish was able on more platforms than just on Windows and OSX. OpenPuush is open-source under the terms of the GPLv3 license (for icons, etc see graphics/LICENSE).

OpenPuush uses Qt and Qxt for its gui and core functionality, thus it is as portable as Qxt + Qt are. In practice though, I'm coding/testing it only on the three major operating systems (Linux with X11, Windows, and OSX). It works by uploading screenshots/files/plaintext to your Dropbox "public" folder and linking to them (in the future, the urls will be shortened).

If you are interested in checking this out and possible providing some feedback, you can find OpenPuush at https://github.com/hmbl9r/OpenPuush

This is an ongoing project that is not necessarily stable yet (more stable on some platforms too I might add). The reason I'm posting it here is that I'm curious to see if there would be any interest in this project.

Thanks!

hmbl9r

Last edited by hmb19r (2012-08-29 23:55:35)

#2 2012-08-30 08:11:10

chickenPie4tea

Re: OpenPuush: an open source screenshot, file, etc sharing utility.

cant even build it the instructions say
"To build OpenPuush, all you need to do is cd into the directory with the code and run `qmake` (possibly with whatever
`-spec` option you want) and then compile with `make` or whatever."
my system doesnt have the qmake command available.

You can like linux without becoming a fanatic!

#3 2012-08-30 09:00:47

progandy

qmake is part of the qt package (at least in Arch). Obviously you need qt to build a qt app.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#4 2012-08-30 14:49:03

chickenPie4tea

I am on Crunchbang - although I use  a lot of qt dependent apps I obviouly mustnt have qmake then.

You can like linux without becoming a fanatic!

#5 2012-08-30 15:00:03

hmb19r

chickenPie4tea wrote:

cant even build it the instructions say
"To build OpenPuush, all you need to do is cd into the directory with the code and run `qmake` (possibly with whatever
`-spec` option you want) and then compile with `make` or whatever."
my system doesnt have the qmake command available.

On some systems, such as Fedora, the command is qmake-qt4. I don't know if this is the case with crunchbang, but try it.

Also, note that you will need the "devel" packages for: qt, libqxt, phonon.

EDIT: after a quick internet search, I'm confident that if you install qt-devel (possibly qt4-devel) qmake will come bundled.

Last edited by hmb19r (2012-08-30 15:02:07)

#6 2012-10-14 04:39:47

Dakanya

This is late but... I've been interested in having something like puush on Linux for a while... I've been using gyazo-git in the AUR but sometimes it's buggy and is unable to grab a full image. ( fresh example: http://gyazo.com/a45eaf04a3df6730ea2dcb2622836858 ) It also automatically uploads it to its web service and to be able to fully manage my uploads, I'd have to pay for their premium service =\

anyways I'm going to try compiling now smile

Board footer