You are not logged in.

#151 2012-08-17 18:39:46

ssgross

Re: Slimlock - fairly simple X screenlocker that looks like SLiM

Has the multiple monitor issue been solved?
I am using arch with openbox-multihead-git, slim and slimlock-git. When i run slimlock, the left screen (DVI-0) locks and shows my slim theme. the right monitor (DVI-1) shows static/garbled/torn windows. even if I close all windows, when I run slimlock the right monitor shows a garbled mess of whatever was there before.
When i logout using  oblogout, the display switches back to two cloned monitors with slim login on each. I haven't figured out where to put the xrandr line so that slim starts in multihead mode, but thats besides the point. for now, i would like slimlock to show on both screens, or display the background on both at least and not garble the second monitor. is this possible?

#152 2012-08-31 02:14:27

semilogic

I have the same multiple monitor issue as ssgross and others, though I'm using community/openbox.

Any information on this issue would be appreciated.

#153 2012-10-08 03:24:38

joelb
Website

Slimlock author here. As of today I've given up maintainership of the project. You may have noticed it's been bitrotting lately because I no longer use it (got a mac for work). Sorry to those of you who have outstanding bugs.

Perhaps someone will be interested in taking over maintainership. If so please send me an email at joelburget@gmail.com so we can work something out, whether it's giving you access to my github repo (renamed to https://github.com/joelburget/slimlock-ABANDONED) or pointing users to your repo.

- Joel

Github          Twitter          joelburget.com

#154 2012-11-01 13:46:07

frigaut
Website

Too bad you're giving up. Thanks for the work though, very nice locker !

Archer since 03/2009 - AUR packages

Board footer