You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-02 17:50:34

jrussell

/sys/class/rc/rcX - X keeps incrementing - ir device problem

Im having trouble understanding why /sys/class/rc/rcX (which I think is a symlink) keeps incrementing.

Upon pluging in a USB ir receiver into my laptop after a reboot, I see /sys/class/rc/rc0
Upon unplugging the device I see /sys/class/rc/ (no rc0)

Upon unplugging the device in again, I see /sys/class/rc/rc1
Unplugging I'm and back to /sys/class/rc

And then plugging it back in I get /sys/class/rc/rc2

Is this what is supposed to happen with ir devices? Im relatively new to Linux but I'm keen to get to know how things work.

I came about this when trying to configure a ir receiver with LIRC. I had to run ir-keytable -p LIRC to get the device to work with LIRC and not the default RC-6 which doesn't work with Xorg I think?
After replugging the device in I would have to run ir-keytable -s rc1 -p LIRC to set up the device again.

Here is a link to the thread I made earlier: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=148087

If anyone could help me out in anyway, I'd really appreciate it.

Jason

Last edited by jrussell (2012-09-03 08:51:21)

bitcoin: 1G62YGRFkMDwhGr5T5YGovfsxLx44eZo7U

#2 2012-09-02 19:50:29

WonderWoofy

Re: /sys/class/rc/rcX - X keeps incrementing - ir device problem

I don't know about your issue, but I will tell you that double posting is not well tollerated here.  I know some other forums may put up with it, but even there I think it is still pretty poor form.

#3 2012-09-02 20:43:57

jrussell

Re: /sys/class/rc/rcX - X keeps incrementing - ir device problem

WonderWoofy wrote:

I don't know about your issue, but I will tell you that double posting is not well tollerated here.  I know some other forums may put up with it, but even there I think it is still pretty poor form.

I found a solution in the "Newbie Corner" to the problem, now Id like to find out the reason I need that solution here...

*I accidentally clicked "Report" on your comment and submitted my intended reply as a reason for why I clicked report, my bad smile

bitcoin: 1G62YGRFkMDwhGr5T5YGovfsxLx44eZo7U

Board footer