You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-04 17:47:44

Feroxium

[ASUS T91MT] LAN & WLAN driver not working anymore, plus more.

Hey all!

I have a ASUS T91MT netbook, and have Arch with kernel 2.6 (because of the poulsbo intel driver), and a pretty neat XFCE desktop environment.
No login thingie, I got pretty used to just login on the cmdline, and typing "xinit".
Everything worked perfectly, even the touchscreen!

I can not remember how this happened, because I had not used the laptop for a while before booting it up this week again.
Anyhow, when I type xinit now, it starts completely, but no mouse response, and network stays offline.

If I just log in (command line works), and I type "ip addr", it just shows loopback, but no eth0 or wlan.
If I do a "lspci -v", it shows drivers for some hardware (IDE controller, VGA, PCIexpress), but not for most others (USB controller, Atheros AR9285 (lan) / AR8132 (wlan)).

Oh, and my daemons thingie has:
DAEMONS=(dbus networkmanager hwclock syslog-ng netfs iptables crond)

I'm sorry I couldn't neatly copy/export the code, but yeah, my laptop has network problems so didn't know how to post the stuff here...
All help is appreciated! The laptop is mainly just my arch experimentation toy, so there's no hurry, but I would love to learn from this mess smile

Last edited by Feroxium (2012-09-04 18:06:32)

Board footer