You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-05 13:48:27

nierro

[SOLVED] Fontconfig upgrade, lots of warnings

Hi!
I just upgraded fontconfig, and i'm using the infinality patch (freetype2-infinality and fontconfig-infinality from aur.)
It works very well, but since i upgraded fontconfig, everytime i open a text file from a terminal, i see:

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/60-group-non-tt-fonts.conf", line 483: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/60-group-tt-fonts.conf", line 262: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/62-tt-monospace-rendering.conf", line 27: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/62-tt-traced-bitmap-rendering.conf", line 21: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/62-tt-traced-bitmap-rendering.conf", line 50: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/80-selective-rendering-inf-win-lin.conf", line 16: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/80-selective-rendering-inf-win-lin.conf", line 31: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/80-selective-rendering-inf-win-lin.conf", line 102: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/80-selective-rendering-inf-win-lin.conf", line 119: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/80-selective-rendering-inf-win-lin.conf", line 138: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/infinality/conf.d/80-selective-rendering-inf-win-lin.conf", line 158: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected

I guess it's nothing to get worried by, since everything works; but i'm here to ask you anyway...is this ok? Should i recompile anything?
Thanks!
ps: I hope this is the right section even if the problem is not testing/fontconfig related...

Last edited by nierro (2012-09-05 14:17:00)

#2 2012-09-05 14:03:32

xzy3186
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Fontconfig upgrade, lots of warnings

I have error instead:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-vera.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/30-urw-aliases.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/40-nonlatin.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/45-latin.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/49-sansserif.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/65-fonts-persian.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/65-nonlatin.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/69-unifont.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/80-delicious.conf exists in filesystem
fontconfig: /etc/fonts/conf.d/90-synthetic.conf exists in filesystem

#3 2012-09-05 14:08:05

karol
Archivist

It's so great that you wrote which version you upgraded to.
If it's in testing, read the ML: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Of … testing.5D

users of the [testing] repository are strongly encouraged to subscribe to the arch-dev-public mailing list

Edit: Ah, OK, you posted in [testing] subforum, so I guess that covers it.

Last edited by karol (2012-09-05 14:10:54)

#4 2012-09-05 14:09:57

nierro

@karol...sorry, version is

pacman -Q fontconfig
fontconfig 2.10.1-1

I'll read the ml, thanks.

#5 2012-09-05 14:16:45

nierro

Ok i read it, and as far as i understand, there will be a "news" in the official page regarding to this.
So, for me, the problem is solved.
@xzy3186 you should do

pacman -Suf fontconfig

without any kind of problem.

#6 2012-09-05 15:08:13

xzy3186
Website

Yeah, you are right. I do it by using --force and then get something similar to your warning messages. I will read the mailing list anyway, thank you very much.

nierro wrote:

Ok i read it, and as far as i understand, there will be a "news" in the official page regarding to this.
So, for me, the problem is solved.
@xzy3186 you should do

pacman -Suf fontconfig

without any kind of problem.

#7 2012-09-07 02:49:05

archtaku

To answer the OP's question, this is an infinality issue, and the developer is aware of it.

http://www.infinality.net/forum/viewtop … 866436d142

#8 2012-09-08 17:39:27

pgiddy

Had the same problem. Ran:

pacman -Sf fontconfig

...only to force the fontconfig install, not to force the installation of all the other packages that were out-of-date on my machine. Then ran

pacman -Syyu to update everything else.

As a general rule, I try to force install as few packages as possible.

Board footer