You are not logged in.

#951 2012-09-09 22:44:17

HiImTye

Re: luakit browser framework (almost with jQuery!)

hellomynameisphil wrote:

I'm having trouble using hints to focus text fields. On, for example, google.ca, if I hit 'f' to show hints, then select the one for the search box, the hints go away and the browser goes into insert mode, but the cursor is not actually in the search field and I can't actually type anything into it. I have to manually click in the field to be able to type into it.

if using an f-hint doesn't work directly, hit tab afterwards and it will smile

I've been having even more issues on facebook lately, where Flash games won't even refresh without changing tabs, and LuaKit crashing if you hit enter on the facebook 'search' field at the top. sadly the alternative browsers are either not useful enough (xxxterm, uzbl, etc), or just don't work (Pentadactly with FF15). sadly, I find myself using plain old FF most of the time

edit: 'facebook' search field, not 'firefox' search field. what was I thinking.

Last edited by HiImTye (2012-09-18 07:16:55)

#952 2012-09-10 22:48:15

hellomynameisphil
Website

HiImTye wrote:

That's acceptable as a temporary workaround; thanks. :-) Hope the underlying issue is adressed at some point.

#953 2012-09-11 17:56:43

mason.larobina
Website

hellomynameisphil wrote:
HiImTye wrote:

That's acceptable as a temporary workaround; thanks. :-) Hope the underlying issue is adressed at some point.

Fixed and it turned out to be quite simple (and left me wondering how it ever worked):

https://github.com/mason-larobina/luaki … cfc065888f

Sorry for not looking into it earlier.

The facebook issue is a lot harder to solve.

Also the follow key ignore delay has been re-introduced, all set for a new release!

#954 2012-09-11 23:41:55

hellomynameisphil
Website

mason.larobina wrote:

Fixed and it turned out to be quite simple (and left me wondering how it ever worked):

Huspaz! Thanks!

#955 2012-09-13 09:22:35

mason.larobina
Website

New release 2012.09.13, changelog here:

http://mason-larobina.github.com/luakit … 09.13.html

#956 2012-09-13 18:48:00

avx

Great. I'd love to test the luakit://help, but it's broken at least in git

** Message: console message: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:418 @11: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:306: bad argument #1 to 'concat' (table expected, got string)

#957 2012-09-13 23:18:49

mason.larobina
Website

avx wrote:

Great. I'd love to test the luakit://help, but it's broken at least in git

** Message: console message: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:418 @11: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:306: bad argument #1 to 'concat' (table expected, got string)

Shit, thought I had this release all sorted. Fixed here: https://github.com/mason-larobina/luaki … 8e5d34226d

And pushed new release tag 2012.09.13-r1

#958 2012-09-13 23:32:09

avx

Now working, thanks.

But

(click to open editor at line of bind definition, view callback function source in the browser)

Do I need to configure this somehow, since clicking for me does nothing, but reload the page starting at the top.

#959 2012-09-14 00:07:50

mason.larobina
Website

avx wrote:

Now working, thanks.

But

(click to open editor at line of bind definition, view callback function source in the browser)

Do I need to configure this somehow, since clicking for me does nothing, but reload the page starting at the top.

From your rc.lua (or in globals.lua):

globals.editor = "vim"
globals.term = "urxvt"

If that doesn't work replace the open_editor function (place after the `require "introspector" in your rc.lua):

introspector.export_funcs.open_editor = function (file, line)
    luakit.spawn(string.format("xterm -e vim %q +%d", file, line))
end

#960 2012-09-14 00:57:34

avx

Mh, error from above is still not fixed. Strange, when I open luakit from ~/ it works, but while working in ~/.config/luakit and opening it from there, I get

** Message: console message: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:418 @11: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:338: unable to load resource: /usr/share/luakit/./binds.lua

when calling luakit://help - so same error, just a few lines down.

Edit, all variants of your config changes above fail, but give no output - all tested with otherwise defaults.

Last edited by avx (2012-09-14 01:02:07)

#961 2012-09-14 01:01:00

mason.larobina
Website

avx wrote:

Mh, error from above is still not fixed. Strange, when I open luakit from ~/ it works, but while working in ~/.config/luakit and opening it from there, I get

** Message: console message: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:418 @11: /usr/share/luakit/lib/introspector.lua:338: unable to load resource: /usr/share/luakit/./binds.lua

when calling luakit://help - so same error, just a few lines down.

Oh dont run luakit from .config/luakit, it throws off the lua package.path loading lookup.

#962 2012-09-14 01:03:01

avx

Really, now that's bad design, isn't it?^^

Anyways, see my edit above, config changes don't work for me with otherwise defaults. (bedtime now, will try again tomorrow)

Last edited by avx (2012-09-14 01:03:30)

#963 2012-09-14 15:24:38

SumKid

Hey

I recently updated to luakit 2012.09.13-1

And suddenly i'm facing some font problems as can be seen in this image.
I have no clue what to do.
Could someone help me out.

----
Problem is with the cookies.
Deleting cookies solves the problem.
But loosing the sign in information
Trying to solve it.

Last edited by SumKid (2012-09-15 07:44:32)

#964 2012-09-14 22:30:25

edyeeh

i can't access bookmarks by invoking ":bookmarks".
I checked the rc.lua file and "require bookmarks" is already there.

pressing B and gB just shows the letters on the status as is.

help!

#965 2012-09-15 17:26:12

hellomynameisphil
Website

EDIT: solved by copying latest configs to $HOME/,config/luakit/ . Duh.

In both luakit and luakit-git, I now get

Error: In bind call: /usr/share/luakit/lib/follow.lua:569: invalid follow mode

when I type 'f' to follow hints.

Last edited by hellomynameisphil (2012-09-15 17:30:39)

#966 2012-09-15 18:29:22

edyeeh

hellomynameisphil wrote:

solved my problem as well. thanks! big_smile

looks like every upgrade would meaning copying new config files. Don't get that 'require userconf' thingy just yet

#967 2012-09-17 13:37:35

shariebeth

edyeeh wrote:
hellomynameisphil wrote:

solved my problem as well. thanks! big_smile

looks like every upgrade would meaning copying new config files. Don't get that 'require userconf' thingy just yet

Hmm could you specify which files you copied over to ~/.config/luakit/ ? I can get a bookmark page (looks great btw) but it's empty, although my bookmarks list is intact (located in ~/.local/share/luakit).  Moving bookmarks.lua(from /usr/share/luakit/lib/) and globals.lua and rc.lua (from /etc/xdg/luakit/) to ~/.config/luakit/ and then reconfiguring them there per instructions earlier in this thread did not fix it.

I also seem to have lost my scroll bar I had working before.  I had followed these instructions:
Add scrollbar:
Add the following before the session restore code (last 10 lines) in your rc.lua:

webview.init_funcs.show_scrollbars = function(view) 
    view.show_scrollbars = true 
end

This worked before.  Then the update happened, and it didn't work anymore.  So I copied rc.lua into ~/.config/luakit/ and re-added that and nothing happens.
This works afterall.  It seems I incorrectly tried to direct where downloads go further up in the rc.lua which stopped anything else I did from working after that error.  I removed any download customization and my scrollbar and javascript/plugin customization works as well now.  Still unable to show my bookmarks though. sad

Exactly what files are changed when there is an update, and what files should be in ~/.config/luakit/ ?

Files I'm aware of:
/etc/xdg/luakit/
/usr/share/luakit/
~/.local/share/luakit/

Should all of those files be in ~/.config/luakit/ ?

Edit: the ,ts and ,tp aren't working for me either. I am sure it is the same problem of not knowing where to be putting these files.  I had in my rc.lua (which was in /etc/xdg/luakit/ and it worked at the time but the update seems to have erased it):
--To disable/enable javascript, scripts, and plugins:
--Add this to your rc.lua somewhere between the 'require "webview"' line (make sure it is after "binds" as well) and the -----"end user script loading"

require "noscript"
noscript.enable_scripts = false
noscript.enable_plugins = false

I copied rc.lua to ~/.config/luakit/ and re-added this and nothing happens.
Also fixed, see above.

Last edited by shariebeth (2012-09-17 20:49:48)

#968 2012-09-17 16:56:45

edyeeh

I just copied all the default configuration files to the default ~/.config/luakit folder since I haven't tweaked anything yet.

#969 2012-09-17 17:36:32

shariebeth

edyeeh wrote:

I just copied all the default configuration files to the default ~/.config/luakit folder since I haven't tweaked anything yet.

Which would be what?
Everything in
/etc/xdg/luakit/
/usr/share/luakit/lib/
~/.local/share/luakit/ ?

I had everything working fine before the update. I did not use ~/.config/luakit at that time, just edited the configs where they were.  But now everything seems to have been overwritten.  Just moving the files I edited to ~/.config/luakit then editing them again is obviously not good enough, so I am trying to figure out what else is supposed to be moved (or copied) to make it work.

Last edited by shariebeth (2012-09-17 17:43:52)

#970 2012-09-17 18:26:13

bratmaxe

Use ~/.config/luakit only for files you want to change! If you do not customize anything you don't need this folder at all.

#971 2012-09-18 00:34:52

shariebeth

@bratmaxe: Thanks, that is good to know.

Only problem now is still the bookmarks. I don't understand what this means:
"Bookmarks moved to sqlite database.
luakit://history, luakit://bookmarks, luakit://downloads pages all re-written after updates to the Lua JS API allowing modules to export Lua functions in the JavaScript global context."

Does this mean we can't use our old list or we have to put it into a different kind of a file or move it or what?

#972 2012-09-18 02:24:32

ObliviousGmn
Website

shariebeth wrote:

luakit://history, luakit://bookmarks, luakit://downloads pages all re-written after updates to the Lua JS API allowing modules to export Lua functions in the JavaScript global context."

Does this mean we can't use our old list or we have to put it into a different kind of a file or move it or what?

I had to add the bookmarks manually.. Which was ok for me. I had some bookmarks I didn't need anymore.
You're just gonna have to open Bookmarks in luakit and add them in yourself.

#973 2012-09-18 03:56:37

shariebeth

ObliviousGmn wrote:
shariebeth wrote:

I had to add the bookmarks manually.. Which was ok for me. I had some bookmarks I didn't need anymore.
You're just gonna have to open Bookmarks in luakit and add them in yourself.

Heh. And here I was thinking I broke something and going nuts trying to find it.  Adding them manually is fine, I don't mind doing that, time for some housekeeping indeed. 
Thanks so much for the heads up.

#974 2012-09-18 07:25:55

HiImTye

mason.larobina wrote:

The facebook issue is a lot harder to solve.

I figured I should consolidate all of my issues with Facebook into one post. here is the list I have:

-certain page functions require two tabs open to work. one regular tab, such as 'news feed' and the tab I am trying to use, such as 'messages' or flash games.
-certain pages, notably flash games and messages, among others, only refresh when switching between tabs. this is especially annoying for flash games, but tolerable for just messaging. note: flash games function correctly on pages not related to facebook, for instance, addictinggames.
-the 'search' field at the top of the page, causes LuaKit to crash, when you hit 'enter' after typing something. the process needs to be killed in order for it to close. quite annoying.
-the highlighting of the current tab sometimes stops when switching between Facebook tabs. this is usually on troublesome pages, listed above.
-sometimes I am forced to ctrl+shift+r to restore proper functionality on Facebook, because pages simply stop loading properly.

the functionality on the 'messages' pages that I'm referring to are the popup items such as 'Delete All' when deleting messages. it also applies to functionality that is constant across all pages, such as adding new friends from the menu in the top left.

edit: it seems that any other tab will do, even a google search.

Last edited by HiImTye (2012-09-18 20:12:07)

#975 2012-09-18 14:43:49

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I've recently lost cookies (? I think).  The relevant symptom is that every time I come to bbs.archlinux.org I need to reenter my login information.

Previously this would be remembered across sessions.  I haven't changed anything in my luakit configs in the intervening time.  I'm also only having this problem on one of my two computers.

Could there have been some other package updated recently that would affect this (for frame of refence for "recently", I update at least daily).

Alternately, does anyone know what I should be looking for to track down why I've lost the desired behavior of the login carrying over between sessions?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer