You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-12 10:24:55

commx

Unable to print with a Konica Minolta bizhub C203

I have been using Arch for some time now in our company and I'd like to print to the printer model stated above. Actually Konica Minolta does not provide any Linux drivers for the printer model, even if its a business device. The guys who sold the printer to us told me to use the C353 driver to use which results into a printer freeze (I have to turn power off from the printer and restart it to get it working again). With a generic PCL5 driver I can print some text (which isn't adjusted correctly), but I cannot print graphics.

Is there any way to get me able to print using the printer above? The printer is connected to a Windows Server inside our network, and the printer is shared on it. Maybe there is some way to say "Hey, print over the Windows server and use its drivers to print"?

Thank you.

#2 2012-09-14 12:24:30

ripperapid

Re: Unable to print with a Konica Minolta bizhub C203

Hi,

We have this printer at my company, and I can confirm that C353 is the right driver to use and you don't need to print through the windows server.

Unfortunately I recently did an re-installation of my computer and have not connected this printer yet. Let me get back to you when I get it working.

Board footer