You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-02 18:58:16

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

When do packages move from [community] to [extra]?

I notice azureus has 74 votes, while the next lowest package (skype) has 50. Is there a hard and set or not-so-hard and set rule for when packages are moved from [community] to [extra]? In the short history of AUR, have any packages been promoted to [extra]? (I'm guessing not because azureus has been highest for as long as I can remember).

Come to think of it, have mechanisms been put in place to demote packages from [extra] to [community] if they aren't popular enough?

I don't want to be seen as a trouble maker, I'm just curious. ;-) Having said that, I understand this is probably a flamewar waiting to happen and I am so thankful I am not moderator of this board. 8-)

Dusty

#2 2005-10-02 19:19:32

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: When do packages move from [community] to [extra]?

I posted about exactly the same thing on the tur-list today smile  Now that libtool and gcc are out the way and all smile

#3 2005-10-02 19:41:21

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Dusty wrote:

In the short history of AUR, have any packages been promoted to [extra]? (I'm guessing not because azureus has been highest for as long as I can remember).

Yes, rxvt-unicode went from community to extra.

#4 2005-10-02 20:23:43

stonecrest

Snowman wrote:
Dusty wrote:

In the short history of AUR, have any packages been promoted to [extra]? (I'm guessing not because azureus has been highest for as long as I can remember).

But that wasn't based on having X number of votes..

I am a gated community.

#5 2005-10-02 20:59:22

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

stonecrest wrote:
Snowman wrote:
Dusty wrote:

But that wasn't based on having X number of votes..

Agree.  It was promoted because neri was interested in maintaining it. It had 20+ votes, IIRC.

#6 2005-10-09 04:45:58

ozar

I've been wondering the same.  There are currently 10 packages with 35 or more votes in AUR.  It seems to me that those would be deemed popular enough to make the move, but then I might be misunderstanding the voting process, or the reason for voting at all.

oz

Board footer