You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-18 11:04:28

Del Pede

More glibc issues. A broken system

I'm going out on a limb here, and taking this issue to the forum, 'cause I'm lost right now.

For days I've been trying to get past the issue with glibc

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
glibc: /lib exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

And for days I've been hitting a stumbling block. Right now I'm at a point where my system seems broken. I've done everything it says here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … iki:usrlib and it still doesn't work.

In an attempt to get a bit further, I moved everything from /lib to a back up directory, in hope being able to finish pacman -Su. Everything in that dir was owned by glibc.
The issue now is, that I can't do anything anymore. There seems to be a major issues with paths. ls, mv, grep, pacman, mc and so many other functions doesnt work anymore, since bash says they don't exist

bash: /bin/grep: no such file or directory. Even if I do /usr/bin/pacman -Su I get the same type of error. Is there anyway I can rectify this, or do I need to boot up with a live cd, and fix the issue from there? If so, any pointers would be greatly appricaited.

I've been searching the forums high and wide, and haven't really found anything that resembles my situation. I'm sorry if this have been covered already

Cheers
Del Pede

#2 2012-09-18 11:59:08

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: More glibc issues. A broken system

Del Pede wrote:

I'm sorry if this have been covered already

It has, ad nauseum, and its highly unlikely that there's anything so special about your system that the same steps which others used would not work for you.

Closing.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer