You are not logged in.

#976 2012-09-18 19:31:17

HiImTye

Re: luakit browser framework (almost with jQuery!)

here's another issue that I've found, albeit, a minor one.
on some sites, when you use the browser 'search' function (i.e. ':open imdb test search string') it doesn't function as expected, placing "%20" into the search string, like on the following page:
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=test%2 … 2520string

#977 2012-09-18 19:54:59

SuNjACk

When i try to use 'follow' on facebook it crashes.

In the terminal i got this:

*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/luakit: realloc(): invalid next size: 0x0000000000dbe0b0 ***

It happens since the new release and I use the git version

version: luakit 2012.09.13-r1-3-ge8d7fcb

#978 2012-09-18 23:59:29

shariebeth

Trilby wrote:

I've recently lost cookies (? I think).  The relevant symptom is that every time I come to bbs.archlinux.org I need to reenter my login information.

Previously this would be remembered across sessions.  I haven't changed anything in my luakit configs in the intervening time.  I'm also only having this problem on one of my two computers.

Could there have been some other package updated recently that would affect this (for frame of refence for "recently", I update at least daily).

Alternately, does anyone know what I should be looking for to track down why I've lost the desired behavior of the login carrying over between sessions?

At the risk of insulting you by mentioning the obvious, is the little box "Log me in automatically each time I visit" by the log in boxes checked?  I ask, because I use that feature as well and somehow after the update, the box wasn't checked anymore automatically and my credentials weren't saved either.  I thought I lost my cookies too and didn't think to look at that box at first, since it usually is persistent, but after I re-checked the box, it stuck.  (Also, I had to do this on every computer I log in from, it needed to be rechecked from each, then it stuck.)

#979 2012-09-19 00:13:09

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

No insult at all, I suspect it is something simple I'm missing.  But I have been checking the box every time I log in - still no luck.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#980 2012-09-19 01:34:34

shariebeth

@Trilby:
Did you notice this line
"By default expire all session cookies after 1 hour (previous behaviour: keep all session cookies forever)."
from the 9-13-2012 news update page here:  http://mason-larobina.github.com/luakit … 09.13.html ?

#981 2012-09-19 01:39:45

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Thanks, I hadn't, but I also don't think that is my issue for two reasons.  First, I can log in to the forums, close my browser, then reopen to bbs.archlinux.org a minute later and I still have to log in (much less than one hour).

Also, I'm only having this issue on one of my systems ... though the only real difference between the two computers is that one has been switched to systemd and the other hasn't.  This behavior started well after switching to systemd though.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#982 2012-09-19 11:03:53

shariebeth

@Trilby:
Hmm given the quote I gave you about cookies expiring after 1 hour, I expected to have the same issue this morning when checking this thread. However, I did not need to relog in.  Strange.

Also just for a point of reference, I have not switched to systemd yet.

#983 2012-09-19 23:37:04

ObliviousGmn
Website

Only biggie I have is the custom hook I had placed for youtube videos to open in youtube-veiwer.
It works fine, Youtube Viewer opens. Just this time Youtube's video page plays the video as well.

In the past it would open a Blank youtube video page and launches youtube-viewer.

This is the one I have placed.

--youtube-viewer
webview.init_funcs.youtube_hook = function (view, w)
    view:add_signal("navigation-request", function (v, uri)
        if string.find(uri, "youtube.com/watch") then
            luakit.spawn(string.format("youtube-viewer %q", uri))
            return false
        end 
    end)
end

Only solution for me at the moment. Was adding a keybind while hovering over a youtube link. But this wouldn't work if I open a youtube link else where.

key({}, "v", function (w) 
    local view = w.view
    local uri = view.hovered_uri or view.uri
    if uri then
    end 
end),

I'd really like to use first function though. Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

Last edited by ObliviousGmn (2012-09-19 23:37:42)

#984 2012-09-20 12:40:05

SuNjACk

ObliviousGmn wrote:

Only biggie I have is the custom hook I had placed for youtube videos to open in youtube-veiwer.
It works fine, Youtube Viewer opens. Just this time Youtube's video page plays the video as well.

In the past it would open a Blank youtube video page and launches youtube-viewer.

This is the one I have placed.

--youtube-viewer
webview.init_funcs.youtube_hook = function (view, w)
    view:add_signal("navigation-request", function (v, uri)
        if string.find(uri, "youtube.com/watch") then
            return false
        end 
    end)
end

Only solution for me at the moment. Was adding a keybind while hovering over a youtube link. But this wouldn't work if I open a youtube link else where.

key({}, "v", function (w) 
    local view = w.view
    local uri = view.hovered_uri or view.uri
    if uri then
    end 
end),

I'd really like to use first function though. Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

I use this

key({}, "v", "Open Youtube video", 
        function (w) 
            local uri = w.view.uri
            if uri then
                luakit.spawn(string.format("urxvt -e youtube-viewer -I %q", uri))
            end 
        end),

I go to the video's page, stop the video from downloading and press v. It works fine for me.

#985 2012-09-20 12:54:20

mason.larobina
Website

Trilby wrote:

Thanks, I hadn't, but I also don't think that is my issue for two reasons.  First, I can log in to the forums, close my browser, then reopen to bbs.archlinux.org a minute later and I still have to log in (much less than one hour).

Also, I'm only having this issue on one of my systems ... though the only real difference between the two computers is that one has been switched to systemd and the other hasn't.  This behavior started well after switching to systemd though.

This is my fault, there was a bug in cookies.lua which manifests when browsing local files which fetch external resources (images, javascript, etc).

What would happen is it would add cookies to the database without a host (what is the hostname of file:///home/user/file.html?).

Anyway you can easily tell if this is happening to you, run luakit from a terminal and you should see red (mentioning cookies).

Update luakit & run `sqlite3 ~/.local/share/luakit/cookies.db "DELETE FROM moz_cookies WHERE host IN (NULL, '');"`

Any problems just let me know.

#986 2012-09-20 13:01:11

mason.larobina
Website

SuNjACk wrote:
ObliviousGmn wrote:

I use this

key({}, "v", "Open Youtube video", 
        function (w) 
            local uri = w.view.uri
            if uri then
                luakit.spawn(string.format("urxvt -e youtube-viewer -I %q", uri))
            end 
        end),

I go to the video's page, stop the video from downloading and press v. It works fine for me.

It may be extreme but you could close the tab as you are opening your youtube-viewer. Or run some javascript which removes the flash video player element.

Last edited by mason.larobina (2012-09-20 13:01:47)

#987 2012-09-20 13:58:44

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

mason.larobina wrote:

run `sqlite3 ~/.local/share/luakit/cookies.db "DELETE FROM moz_cookies WHERE host IN (NULL, '');"`

Worked like a charm - thanks!

#988 2012-09-20 14:20:49

shariebeth

I've been recreating my bookmarks page, and I have a question:
Is there a way to group entries like we used to be able to do?
Tags don't do that, Title doesn't do that, adding a group heading after the url doesn't do that anymore either.

#989 2012-09-20 15:39:41

mason.larobina
Website

shariebeth wrote:

Tags don't do that, Title doesn't do that, adding a group heading after the url doesn't do that anymore either.

Grouping as in ordering options? (I.e. sort and group by first letter, or tag groups?).

#990 2012-09-20 16:10:24

shariebeth

mason.larobina wrote:
shariebeth wrote:

Grouping as in ordering options? (I.e. sort and group by first letter, or tag groups?).

Sort with a heading, like it used to do, like this when I'd do ctrl B then add the heading name after the url, such as: https://bbs.archlinux.org/  Arch.  This is what it resulted as on the :bookmarks page:

Arch
https://bbs.archlinux.org/
http://jasonwryan.com/blog/2012/07/09/syslinux/
http://luakit.org/projects/luakit/

Utility
http://img.flashtux.org/
http://tinyurl.com/
http://pastebin.com/

Weather
http://www.weather.gov/satellite?image=ir&hours=6
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
http://classic.wunderground.com/

Last edited by shariebeth (2012-09-20 16:11:13)

#991 2012-09-21 19:48:19

SuNjACk

mason.larobina wrote:

It may be extreme but you could close the tab as you are opening your youtube-viewer. Or run some javascript which removes the flash video player element.

I prefer just to stop the flash element, is it possible?

#992 2012-09-22 00:18:44

mason.larobina
Website

SuNjACk wrote:
mason.larobina wrote:

I don't know if that is possible from javascript. However you could lift the applet blocker code from dwb (I think) and use that to replace the applet with a box until clicked again.

#993 2012-09-22 01:27:14

portix

mason.larobina wrote:
SuNjACk wrote:
mason.larobina wrote:

I don't know if that is possible from javascript. However you could lift the applet blocker code from dwb (I think) and use that to replace the applet with a box until clicked again.

dwb uses webkit's dom-api to block flash so i think it's not directly possible in luakit. It is also possible from javascript but it wouldn't work if javascript is disabled.
dwb uses the "beforeload"-dom event, translated to javascript dwb basically does

window.addEventListener("beforeload", function(e) {
  if ((e.srcElement instanceof HTMLObjectElement || e.srcElement instanceof HTMLEmbedElement) && e.srcElement.type == "application/x-shockwave-flash" ) {
    e.preventDefault();
    e.stopPropagation();
    // code to replace e.srcElement with a clickable widget
  }
}, true);

#994 2012-09-22 17:54:58

SuNjACk

I found flashblock fro greasemonkey, works just fine.

#995 2012-09-22 19:04:51

ObliviousGmn
Website

SuNjACk wrote:

I found flashblock fro greasemonkey, works just fine.

Nice! Works like a charm. smile Good find.
Works great with the youtube hook I had on before.

Last edited by ObliviousGmn (2012-09-22 19:12:42)

#996 2012-09-24 01:49:17

phynix

I cannot for the life of me find where to configure the binding for Bookmarks. When using testing, ":bookmark" didn't work as a command. Going back to the more stable version I can bookmark and open a new window, but I want to change the bindings.

#997 2012-09-24 14:54:19

SuNjACk

Is it possible a multi-term search in the inputbar?

#998 2012-09-27 14:22:38

Ambrevar
Website

For all of you wondering how to get your bookmarks back from previous version in a convenient manner, I wrote a Lua script -- inspired from bookmark_migrate.lua packaged in the distfile -- to do that automatically. It is available on Arch Wiki/Luakit. Enjoy smile
(Do not forget to backup your bookmarks first!).

* About bookmarks, I really endorse shariebeth position on bookmarks grouping and/or sorting. Tags are not so useful at the moment. So it would be nice if the tag would appear only once on the page, then all corresponding links below it.

* Why does the bookmark page display a limited number of entries? (I have hundreds of bookmarks). Searching for them will work, though.

* The search input seems to search everything. Would it be possible to search for a specific field only? (e.g. tags).

* Besides I really miss the plaintext bookmarks, which was one of the main reason I would use Luakit. Plaintext has the advantage of being simpler, lighter, human-readable and editable, but most importantly I could 'diff' them! Since I'm using an SCM to share them among my workstations, this is really useful. Is SQLite really necessary for bookmarks?

Still, the new bookmarks page is great, adding a "Name" field to the bookmark entry is a great feature. You did a great job for this new release by the way!

#999 2012-09-27 15:59:13

mason.larobina
Website

phynix wrote:

I cannot for the life of me find where to configure the binding for Bookmarks. When using testing, ":bookmark" didn't work as a command. Going back to the more stable version I can bookmark and open a new window, but I want to change the bindings.

https://github.com/mason-larobina/luaki … e.lua#L568 (it's also listed in the :help page). If you want to roll your own :bookmark command take a look at the actual bookmarks.add function here. It's very simple to use, for example:

bookmarks.add("http://google.com/", 
    { title = "Google", tags = "search-engine a-popular-website" })

I'm always open to suggestions about improving luakit usability and I should be in a position soon to do more "menu"-type UI work soon (without having to open a new tab to display history, bookmarks, etc).

But doing that in GTK is painful, I'm working on a fast re-write of luakit with a html5 UI/UX. Stay tuned.

Last edited by mason.larobina (2012-09-27 16:09:59)

#1000 2012-09-28 08:47:46

a3e9u

My home, end, page up and page down keys don't work in Luakit, but they work in Firefox. On another pc the keys work fine. Any ideas? I'm running openbox on both, if it matters. Luakit version 2012.03.25.

Board footer