You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-21 04:57:48

originalsurfmex

behind firewall, need an alternative to abs or a way to change ports

I've read just about everything regarding not being able to run abs.  I am behind a dorm firewall, I tried fixing my resolv.conf and also tried 'abs -t'.  Running ABS fails every time.

Is there a manual way to get what ABS pulls in?  Or perhaps a way to run it on a port that isn't blocked by my firewall?

#2 2012-09-21 05:26:27

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: behind firewall, need an alternative to abs or a way to change ports

Purpose of abs, for you?

Single PKGBUILDs you can just use wget (or use something like pbget to help).

To mirror the whole PKGBUILD structure... I think there was a git mirror of abs you could use.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-09-21 10:43:10

originalsurfmex

I enjoy the ports-like to keep more and more packages up to date that I build from source.  Things like dwm for instance.  I can see that abs uses rsyc to pull in the tree...is there a way to modify that line or a command that allows me to pull in the tree into the same place that abs does?

If its git - I suppose I would git clone the tree right?  I just don't want to miss doing something that abs does when it pulls the data via rsync.

Once i have the PKGBUILD structure I'd also like to keep maintaining it up to date like ABS does.

#4 2012-09-22 00:32:23

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

originalsurfmex wrote:

I enjoy the ports-like to keep more and more packages up to date that I build from source.  Things like dwm for instance.  I can see that abs uses rsyc to pull in the tree...is there a way to modify that line or a command that allows me to pull in the tree into the same place that abs does?

Read the source, and patches welcome. rsync can't be run behind a firewall unless you have an intervening server under your control to do port forwarding for you. I've tried (am also stuck behind a non-rsyncable firewall).

originalsurfmex wrote:

If its git - I suppose I would git clone the tree right?  I just don't want to miss doing something that abs does when it pulls the data via rsync.

Once i have the PKGBUILD structure I'd also like to keep maintaining it up to date like ABS does.

Do your homework, you've obviously not even started looking for this.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer