You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-22 16:49:09

Xi0N
Website

Crashplan does not change the inbound backups directory folder

So, I installed crashplan on an arch headless server.
I configured it and created an entry in /etc/fstab so a very huge space samba share was mounted in /opt/crashplan/backupArchives

I performed my backups and everything is working perfectly.
Suddenly, it came to my mind "if /opt/crashplan/ folder gets erased alltogether, it will erase my entire backup archive"
So, i mounted the samba share with all the backups at /mnt/crashplanBackup

Then, using ssh tunneling, i connected from another machine to this headless server to reconfigure the engine, changing the backup location to /mnt/crashplanBackup

I restarted crashplan in both ends and now, i have no backups at all: It's like, despite of the configuration I set, so the inbound backups would be stored in the new location, crashplan still stores all in the default folder "/opt/crashplan/backupArchives"

I shifted back to the old muntpoint, keeping my backups under /opt/crashplan/backupArchives

Anyone is experiencing the same behaviour?

#2 2012-09-22 21:27:33

egeerardyn

Re: Crashplan does not change the inbound backups directory folder

I think you're experiencing behavior that is due to you changing those settings. I'd try this from the CrashPlan FAQ.

If that doesn't work, why don't you symlink from the old place to the new one. That way, at least as I see it, when /opt/crashplan is removed, only the symlink is removed and not the actual backup files.

And if that doesn't work, if you have a paid subscription, you can get response from the CrashPlan support (they are very helpful) or otherwise the CrashPlan Forums might be a place where you can get better help.

Board footer