You are not logged in.

#151 2012-09-19 20:28:54

alephomega
Member
From: Barcelona (for now)
Registered: 2012-09-19
Posts: 15

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

I just got this computer set up (mostly... still some awesome to play with)

Clean:
tZms0Zg

Dirty: 
tZms0aA

I'm really proud of those rings; They fade as my battery dies. smile

Offline

#152 2012-09-19 23:30:02

chneukirchen
Member
Registered: 2010-02-11
Posts: 100

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

woomia wrote:

Fresh install, got olvwm to work with some command line vodoo.

Have a PKGBUILD or a log of that? I tried it some time ago unsuccessfully.

Offline

#153 2012-09-19 23:52:06

woomia
Member
Registered: 2012-06-09
Posts: 110

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

chneukirchen wrote:
woomia wrote:

Fresh install, got olvwm to work with some command line vodoo.

Have a PKGBUILD or a log of that? I tried it some time ago unsuccessfully.

I cheated. I downloaded the deb from Debian and used dpkg-deb -x to extract the contents (dpkg is in AUR). I then did the same to the necessary xview libraries. I moved olvwm to /usr/bin and the needed libraries to /usr/lib. It was actually pretty easy and it works great.

If you are at all interested I can share the debs I made years ago of some of the desktop tools I used and how to get everything to you see on my screen to work.

Offline

#154 2012-09-19 23:53:46

chneukirchen
Member
Registered: 2010-02-11
Posts: 100

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

woomia wrote:
chneukirchen wrote:
woomia wrote:

Fresh install, got olvwm to work with some command line vodoo.

Have a PKGBUILD or a log of that? I tried it some time ago unsuccessfully.

I cheated. I downloaded the deb from Debian and used dpkg-deb -x to extract the contents (dpkg is in AUR). I then did the same to the necessary xview libraries. I moved olvwm to /usr/bin and the needed libraries to /usr/lib. It was actually pretty easy and it works great.

Ok, I guess I can do that myself.  Thanks. smile

Offline

#155 2012-09-20 04:49:04

userlander
Member
Registered: 2008-08-23
Posts: 413

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

I always come back to Openbox.

tZms5cg

Last edited by userlander (2012-09-20 04:53:18)

Offline

#156 2012-09-20 04:52:29

ZekeSulastin
Member
Registered: 2010-09-20
Posts: 266

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

chneukirchen wrote:

I cheated. I downloaded the deb from Debian and used dpkg-deb -x to extract the contents (dpkg is in AUR). I then did the same to the necessary xview libraries. I moved olvwm to /usr/bin and the needed libraries to /usr/lib. It was actually pretty easy and it works great.

You should probably stick stuff like that (i.e. anything not managed by pacman that wouldn't otherwise go in /opt) into /usr/local/{bin,lib}.  That's why it's there, after all (and why a lot of programs build targeting there by default for those doing .configure && make && make install etc.) big_smile

Offline

#157 2012-09-20 08:34:45

antihero
Member
Registered: 2012-06-18
Posts: 13

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

BAM

carter-2012-09-16.12.57.41.971115074%2b01.00.thumb.png

i3wm, dogs colour scheme, terminus

Last edited by antihero (2012-09-20 08:35:18)

Offline

#158 2012-09-20 10:55:39

tuomas
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 2008-10-27
Posts: 17

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

alephomega wrote:

I just got this computer set up (mostly... still some awesome to play with)

I'm really proud of those rings; They fade as my battery dies. smile

Hey, what are you using to display the calendar info like that?


arch@thinkpad t61

Offline

#159 2012-09-20 15:30:40

woomia
Member
Registered: 2012-06-09
Posts: 110

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

ZekeSulastin wrote:
chneukirchen wrote:

I cheated. I downloaded the deb from Debian and used dpkg-deb -x to extract the contents (dpkg is in AUR). I then did the same to the necessary xview libraries. I moved olvwm to /usr/bin and the needed libraries to /usr/lib. It was actually pretty easy and it works great.

You should probably stick stuff like that (i.e. anything not managed by pacman that wouldn't otherwise go in /opt) into /usr/local/{bin,lib}.  That's why it's there, after all (and why a lot of programs build targeting there by default for those doing .configure && make && make install etc.) big_smile

Good idea!

Offline

#160 2012-09-20 16:20:31

zoqaeski
Member
From: /earth/australia/.
Registered: 2009-09-30
Posts: 124

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

After hours of playing around with Windows 7, partitioning, mobile broadband networking, installing, and Radeon graphics cards, I've finally got a basic desktop on my new laptop. *huge sense of achievement*

tZmtoYQ

It looks ugly, but I'll configure it properly tomorrow. There's almost nothing installed, except for Openbox, urxvt, and luakit.

Offline

#161 2012-09-20 22:58:37

alephomega
Member
From: Barcelona (for now)
Registered: 2012-09-19
Posts: 15

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

tuomas wrote:

Hey, what are you using to display the calendar info like that?

gcalcli from the AUR, and I use execpi in conky. I.e.

{execpi 300 gcalcli --nc --user "foo" --pw "bar" agenda `date +%T` `date --date="next week" +%D`}

AFAIK, you need that nc flag... color input freaks out conky.

You can definitely use a less frequent update schedule (5 minutes for a calendar is... short.)
Also, it may be better not to put your user name and password into a conkyrc.

Offline

#162 2012-09-21 09:59:38

dimigon
Member
Registered: 2009-03-07
Posts: 139
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

meta.jpg

i3-wm, custom colorscheme based on molokai.

Last edited by dimigon (2012-09-21 10:01:20)

Offline

#163 2012-09-21 10:01:45

litemotiv
Forum Fellow
Registered: 2008-08-01
Posts: 5,026

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

That's a spiffy color scheme. smile


ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Offline

#164 2012-09-21 10:11:28

Unia
Member
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2010-03-30
Posts: 2,482
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

Finally finished porting my GTK2 theme to GTK3!

tZmtyOA


If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

Offline

#165 2012-09-21 15:04:22

cirrus
Member
From: Glasgow Scotland
Registered: 2012-08-24
Posts: 192
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

Screenshot   ( Openbox, compton-git)  (tilda,tmux,weechat,cclock,mp3blaster,cmatrix,turpail
click on image  3840x1080

cowsay.jpg

Last edited by cirrus (2012-09-21 15:08:34)


We do not choose, we are chosen, those that dont understand dont matter, those that understand need no explanation. We are the chosen few.
The content of this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Offline

#166 2012-09-21 21:59:16

jdarnold
Member
From: Medford MA USA
Registered: 2009-12-15
Posts: 463
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

Haven't done this in a while. Not a whole bunch of customization, but I'm tweaking it here and there after a complete reinstall last month.

Openbox clean:
j7zT17R5zWpE2_xs.jpg

Openbox dirty:
jtmO3lqCMiSfh_xs.jpg

BTW, this http://minus.com is a pretty sweet site for quickly sharing images.

Offline

#167 2012-09-22 13:11:56

veroke12
Member
Registered: 2011-07-22
Posts: 98

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

cirrus wrote:

Screenshot   ( Openbox, compton-git)  (tilda,tmux,weechat,cclock,mp3blaster,cmatrix,turpail
click on image  3840x1080

http://s19.postimage.org/nkuvoegf3/cowsay.jpg

what is your openbox theme??

Offline

#168 2012-09-22 17:19:49

earsplit
Member
Registered: 2012-03-31
Posts: 187
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

Ported gutterslob's Thaw colorscheme into Xmonad. Just installed this on my thinkpad x230. Feels good to be back on Arch. Note the 8-10hr battery life big_smile

2012_09_22_131248_1366x768_scrot.jpg


((( configs :: website )))

Offline

#169 2012-09-23 00:33:34

alephomega
Member
From: Barcelona (for now)
Registered: 2012-09-19
Posts: 15

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

earsplit, that's pretty... I think I'll keep that color scheme in mind when I play with xmonad again. smile

Offline

#170 2012-09-23 12:47:21

cirrus
Member
From: Glasgow Scotland
Registered: 2012-08-24
Posts: 192
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

veroke12 wrote:
cirrus wrote:

Screenshot   ( Openbox, compton-git)  (tilda,tmux,weechat,cclock,mp3blaster,cmatrix,turpail
click on image  3840x1080

http://s19.postimage.org/nkuvoegf3/cowsay.jpg

what is your openbox theme??

QDarkStudio4 is my theme    its in AUR     OMG-Dark is another fave wink

Last edited by cirrus (2012-09-23 12:49:53)


We do not choose, we are chosen, those that dont understand dont matter, those that understand need no explanation. We are the chosen few.
The content of this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Offline

#171 2012-09-23 16:54:22

archbeast
Member
From: Manchester UK
Registered: 2012-09-09
Posts: 6
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

earsplit wrote:

Ported gutterslob's Thaw colorscheme into Xmonad. Just installed this on my thinkpad x230. Feels good to be back on Arch. Note the 8-10hr battery life big_smile

http://s7.postimage.org/epbbyef2f/2012_09_22_131248_1366x768_scrot.jpg

Very nice indeed...


Xmonad rocks!

Offline

#172 2012-09-23 17:16:17

ixnine
Member
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 60

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

How'd you make your Sublime Text 2 look like that?

Offline

#173 2012-09-23 17:20:40

gnomeye
Member
From: Switzerland
Registered: 2010-08-04
Posts: 178

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

switched this weekend from openbox to xmonad.. here the result so far >

RAXJOs.jpg

using: rxvt w/ tmux | firefox w/ pentadactyl | xmobar w/ conky output.

Last edited by gnomeye (2012-09-23 17:23:18)

Offline

#174 2012-09-23 20:17:46

nperry
Member
Registered: 2010-05-16
Posts: 86

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

My light solarized theme.

http://i.imgur.com/WTmhf.png

Offline

#175 2012-09-23 20:53:13

bloom
Member
Registered: 2010-08-18
Posts: 749
Website

Re: September 2012 Screenshots

tZm0wag

bspwm.


gh · da · ds · cr · ab · fkr

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB