You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-24 07:49:12

shining_grin

Problems with virtualbox 4.2.0

Hi all,
I write this post to signal a problem with the latest version of virtualbox, 4.2.0
I upgraded, rebuilt modules using dkms, but my VM wasn't starting, after a bit of googling I understood that also the extension pack was to be upgraded.
I installed the virtualbox-ext-oracle and it seems that the VM was working but I couldn't click inside the vm window, neither the host keybinding was working, thus I could not interact with the vm.
I solved rolling back to virtualbox 4.1.22 and rebuilding the modules (and reinstalling the extension).

#2 2012-09-24 10:35:37

DSpider

Re: Problems with virtualbox 4.2.0

Did you remember to reboot after a kernel update?

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2012-09-24 10:42:19

shining_grin

Yep, it was after a fresh boot smile

#4 2012-09-24 11:06:17

DSpider

It probably has to do with all the renaming that's been going on lately.

virtualbox-additions -> virtualbox-guest-additions -> virtualbox-guest-utils

As long as you follow these instructions (and not the legacy way, from the MODULES section of rc.conf), and you're in the vboxusers group, you should be fine.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

Board footer