You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-29 11:13:34

dontbugme
Banned
Website

Laptop-mode tools and acpi_video0.

Hi, I have a really strange problem with the laptop-mode tools. First off, the details. I'm using an Asus UX32VD(fixed the backlight buttons with the script etc. so this isn't the isssue here).
In /sys/class/backlight, I usually have two control devices for the screen backlight: acpi_video0 and intel_backlight(the intel backlight control is a bit strange, because the min brightness value is complete darkness .. which is a bit unreasonable).
When I put add the laptop-mode tools daemon into the DAEMONS array in rc.conf, the acpi_video0 interface disappears from /sys/class/backlight. When I start the laptop-mode daemon after booting manually via /etc/rc.d/laptop-mode start, acpi_video0
is still there. Anyone here with a similar problem? Obivously the solution would be to use the intel_backlight interface, but as I already said, I don't like the intel_backlight interface.
Even if I would use the intel_backlight interface instead, I find it still strange that laptop-mode on boot makes acpi_video0 disappear.

Board footer