You are not logged in.

#76 2012-09-30 20:35:45

PhotonX

Re: Compiz 0.9(-dev/-bzr) development/testing/general talk thread

Well, I'm using it with Xfce (thus the wallpaper is set by xfdesktop, I suppose), all Compiz plugins besides of OpenGL disabled. The video card is the integrated video of the AMD A4-3400 with catalyst. Is there any howto concerning using Compiz as standalone window manager?

Desktop: http://www.sysprofile.de/id15562, Arch Linux    |    Notebook: Thinkpad L13 Yoga Gen2, Manjaro

The very worst thing you can do with free software is to download it, see that it doesn't work for some reason, leave it, and tell your friends that it doesn't work.  -  Tuomas Lukka

#77 2012-09-30 21:34:06

hobarrera
Website

PhotonX wrote:

Well, I'm using it with Xfce (thus the wallpaper is set by xfdesktop, I suppose), all Compiz plugins besides of OpenGL disabled. The video card is the integrated video of the AMD A4-3400 with catalyst. Is there any howto concerning using Compiz as standalone window manager?

This should help:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … ow_Manager

If compiz has the same issues running standalone, then I guess it's a bug worth reporting.
If it works fine, I'm not sure. tongue

#78 2012-11-09 12:16:06

blackbee

Hello!
I installed compiz-bzr from aur but none of the effects seem to work, except the ones that are enabled by default. Also, changing the settings for the enabled plugins has no effect. Most of the changes I make in ccsm are being saved and being written to ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/Default.ini

I managed to install compiz from bzr on Slackware too, and it has the exact behavior. I'm not sure if this is a bug or I do something wrong...

#79 2012-11-14 02:14:04

jjj137

blackbee wrote:

Hello!
I installed compiz-bzr from aur but none of the effects seem to work, except the ones that are enabled by default. Also, changing the settings for the enabled plugins has no effect. Most of the changes I make in ccsm are being saved and being written to ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/Default.ini

I managed to install compiz from bzr on Slackware too, and it has the exact behavior. I'm not sure if this is a bug or I do something wrong...

Are you using `compiz --replace ccp` to launch it?

#80 2012-12-10 17:26:16

pogeymanz

Is anybody running the latest bzr? Have they fixed the bug with smart placement always placing windows at 0,0? The launchpad bugs still appear open, but I just thought I'd double check.

Board footer