You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-01 02:31:08

RexMcLess

Wacom tablet on dual display dual card setup...

...and the cards are as follows, one Geforce GTX 460 (nvidia driver), one Radeon x1650 (radeon driver) As such, I have to use Xinerama and not RandR for my dual display setup. I have configured the driver to use my main display (Dell CRT on GTX 460) and the cursor shows up where it's supposed to, but when I draw, the cursor "splits" into two, the actual cursor, and the drawing cursor. The regular cursor moves as if it's on my main display, but the drawing cursor spans both desktops.

I've tried all kinds of things to make it work, no luck though.

xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 stylus" Area 0 0 30408 12064
xsetwacom get "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 stylus" MapToOutput HEAD-0

Both of those commands produce the same result, which is shown in the video below.

xorg.conf
http://pastebin.com/d0TSwNrR

And a lovely video showing what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGGehD81jM

Any help would be lovely.

#2 2012-10-02 04:35:02

MisterAnderson

Re: Wacom tablet on dual display dual card setup...

Honestly no clue how to help you, but I am interested in your setup. Are you using the proprietary drivers for your nvidia card and the opensource radeon for your ati? How did you get this setup working? I've been trying for ages!

D:

#3 2012-10-02 19:23:50

RexMcLess

MisterAnderson wrote:

Honestly no clue how to help you, but I am interested in your setup. Are you using the proprietary drivers for your nvidia card and the opensource radeon for your ati? How did you get this setup working? I've been trying for ages!

If I remember correctly, I just used --nodeps and maybe --force when installing the nvidia driver, that way it didn't force me to uninstall the radeon driver when I install the nvidia driver. Then, look at my xorg.conf. there's no acceleration of any sort on the ati card, but I can use it for terminals and browser windows, text editors and the like. Can't watch flash videos on it though, and I don't think mplayer works on it either, I'm not at my arch box atm, so I can't verify that.

Also, as mentioned in my opening post, no composting either. The same setup works pretty good in Ubuntu with a similar config, but no compositing there either, Unity clones 1680x1050 of my main 2048x1536 display, can't split the desktops, and I just end up using Xfce4 because it handles Xinerma pretty well.. I have to turn off the compositing extension in the config on arch to get X to even start up.

:edit:
back in arch, should note that whenever I install a new package, I receive this warning. Everything still works tghough as I describes. And back on topic, anyone have any clue as to why my tablet behaves this way?
missing dependency for ati-dri : libgl=8.0.4

Last edited by RexMcLess (2012-10-02 19:58:03)

#4 2012-10-03 07:13:34

MisterAnderson

libgl is gone because the nvidia driver provides some proprietary version so ati-dri will be missing it. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Also, why aren't you running the two screens off the same card? Does it not have 2 outputs? I only wanted to use 2 cards together to get three monitors.

D:

#5 2012-10-03 19:25:36

RexMcLess

It's because I had the spare card and didn't have a spare dvi to vga adapter, figured it'd be fun to try to get working.

#6 2012-10-15 08:42:24

MisterAnderson

Yeah I reckon moving to the one card will fix your problems, you're doing something not meant to be done as it is...

D:

Board footer